Use my own sky photos

If you want to discuss individual effects, post here. Eventually the discussion of effects will be linked to the effects themselves.
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Use my own sky photos

Postby DamienJ » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 am

Hi,
Is it possible to use my own sky photos in effects to replace skies or is this done through the compositing tool please?
Thanks
Damien

Re: Use my own sky photos

Postby eadams » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:00 pm

DamienJ wrote:Hi,
Is it possible to use my own sky photos in effects to replace skies or is this done through the compositing tool please?
Thanks
Damien

Both ways will work.

You can use the compositing tool or you can create your own effect with you own sky image. An easy way of doing this is to replace the sky image in an existing effect.

Open an image
Use the Select Area tool to select the sky. Confirm the selection and browse effects.
Select a sky effect and apply it
Right-click on the icon for the effect at the top right of the screen. Select Manual Edit.
In the effect editor, upload the sky image that you want and use it instead of the sky image that is included in the effect.
Try different effects, some are more simply made than others and the sky image is easier to replace
When you are done you can "publish" the effect to your local computer where you can re-use it. You can also choose to share the effect with the community

Good luck!

Re: Use my own sky photos

Postby DamienJ » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Many thanks eadams, I'll try that! Appreciate your response!

Return to Effects