Slide show question

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Slide show question

Postby Lorriframe2622 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:40 am

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to make a slide show in Smart Photo Editor or Portrait Pro Editor? If not could you suggest a easy to use software to do so?
Thanks
Lorri

Re: Slide show question

Postby Mesfun Russom » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:19 pm

:geek: [vimeo] :lol: :lol: [/vimeo]

Re: Slide show question

Postby Richard Briggs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:49 am

I'm not aware of any slideshow functionality in SPE.

As far as the more general question, it depends what you mean by 'slideshow'.

If you mean being able to simply display images consecutively on your PC screen then almost any image viewer software on Windows will do this. Some do it better than others. I love Windows Photo Viewer for this but, alas, it seems to have been retired on Windows 10 for something with less functionality.

If you mean putting together a single 'package' that ultimately exists as a single file which you double click and off it goes (rather like PowerPoint Show) then that's a completely different requirement. Not sure PowerPoint Show is good for photos as I seem to remember it reduces resolution (it's only designed for business presentations). Personally I have no experience of such software.

If you mean creating a DVD for viewing on a TV then there are software products for that. I have used a product from MAGIX called (I think) Photo Story on DVD. This enables you to assemble a collection of images on your PC, have transition effects, vary the timing, add music and commentary etc etc. In fact everything you'd need. It's easy to use (relatively) but getting to grips with target screen size and other technicalities means it can be hit and miss. But that's just the nature of the TV technology not the product itself. I am sure there are other similar products.

Richard

Return to Other Questions About The Software