New Customer Question

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

New Customer Question

Postby Shanti » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi there, I am new to this site, I am wishing to purchase this software but have a question about copyright of images that are uploaded. Are the images kept private by the user of the software, I am seeking to know if I upload my own artwork if they are protected, and also if they can remain private. I have no problem with sharing image effects, and also some artwork but I am just wondering how it works. After upload and then make an enhancement, I realize you can save it to your own computer but who has access to your personal photos? Or can they remain personal to the user ? private? Are they stored online or can one store only offline on their own computer?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Site Admin

Re: New Customer Question

Postby admin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:36 am

Hi Shanti,

The best thing to do is read our Eula, but to summarise: The only way for your pictures to be accessible to other users is when you publish and share an effect. If you do that, then any pictures you have added to your effect via the "Add Image" button in the Effect Creator will get shared. The only way your original picture can get shared is if you choose it to be an example picture for your effect if it includes selections. If you share pictures in that way, the whole community has the rights to use them. If you never create any effects no one else will even see your pictures as the software runs locally on your own machine.

Hope that answers all your questions,

Tony

Return to Other Questions About The Software