New To This Program

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

New To This Program

Postby Eaglefan9727 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi everyone - My name is Randy and I bought the program about 2 weeks ago and I have some of the basics of this program down. However, I have been looking at the gallery of the before and after shots on the page that you can buy the program. I am looking at 4 different before and after shots in that gallery and for some reason. I cant find any of those effects that would make my pictures look like that. Here are the following before and after shots.

Image 9 and 10
Image 19 and 20
Image 23 and 24
Image 37 and 38

If someone can help me out with these. It would be appreciated.

Randy

Re: New To This Program

Postby eadams » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi Randy,

Welcome to the community of SPE users!!

I assume you are looking at the images on this page: http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/gallery/

When you play around with SPE you will see that most of the time you won't apply only one effect. You will keep experimenting and you will pile effects on top of each other and get unique and interesting results each time.

Image 9 and 10 This looks like it had sharpening done to it, coloring effect(s) and the sky replaced with a sunset

Image 19 and 20 The black and white sailboat with the lightning in the sky was probably done with the effect B&w storm. In order for you to be shown sky effects in the gallery, you first need to select the sky in your image using the Select Area tool.

Image 23 and 24 This one of a park-like setting looks like several effects were applied to it, including a sky.

Image 37 and 38 This one appears to have a sky replaced, a glare added and some sharpening and color work done.

I am sorry not to be able to be more specific, but with thousands of possible effects, it is impossible to know what effects were used. Any one of these images could have had 5 or more effects applied to them to get to the final result.

You will find that you, too, will have trouble remembering which effects you used in your images :-) To keep track of them, it is a good idea to save each image you process as a session. That way, you can always re-open the file and see exactly what you did with it.

I wish you much enjoyment with SPE!

Eve

Return to Other Questions About The Software