Question about New Update 1.22.2

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Question about New Update 1.22.2

Postby eadams » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:20 pm

I just installed the update and was surprised to have 2 separate versions of SPE on my computer, the old one (1.21.15) and the new update 1.22.2. I had expected the new update to overwrite the old installation.

My questions:
* Are the changes in the update of a cosmetic nature only (I notice that the UI and the application icon look a bit different)?
* Is there any reason to keep the old installation?

By the way, the List function in the forum software doesn't work for me (at least the preview function doesn't show it making a bulleted list), so I don't use it. Is there a way to get it to work?

Thanks, Eve

Site Admin

Re: Question about New Update 1.22.2

Postby admin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:35 am

Hi Eve,

Yes, it's mainly a cosmetic update in order to support high DPI displays. There should be no reason to keep the old installation. I can always give you a link to the old version if you want to go back at any time.

Here's an example of a working list:

• This is a list item
  • So is this.

You need to press the List or List= buttons then use the [*] button at the start of each item in the list inbetween the list and /list starts and ends.

Postby eadams » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:48 pm

• Thank you so much for your quick reply!
  • I'm trying to make a bulleted list
  • I did press the star symbol before each of these lines
  • The preview doesn't display it as a list but I will submit anyway to see what happens
Last edited by eadams on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:51 am

Looks like the numbered list is broken (or I couldn't figure it out) However if you remove the = from your list tag it works as a bulleted list.

Postby rcruit » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:16 pm

I just uploaded the latest update and the UI is HUGE and resolution is very poor. The menu and controls on the left take up half the screen. Occasionally the right side is impossible to view. This new UI is very poorly designed in my opinion. I have been a huge fan of Smart Photo Editor but this is a big disappointment (I teach Photoshop and have encouraged many people to buy SPE). How can I get the old interface proportions back? I cannot even look at all the effects because they go off screen, and if I select one I cannot view it. This is really awful! I have restored my older version. I guess I will no longer be able to get updates unless this gets fixed. :evil:

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:28 am

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that the new UI is not working well for you. Would it be possible for you to upload a full-screen screenshot to Dropbox (or an online file sharing service) so that I can take a look at the problem?

Hopefully we can get this sorted for you.

Many thanks,

])arren.

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi there,

In case you are still having problems, please try the following releases (depending on which license you have). It respects the Windows scaling factor for your screen so it should look the same in terms of text size, button size, etc as other applications. Here are the links:

Please let me know if this works for you.

Many thanks,

])arren.

Return to Other Questions About The Software