SPE as Photoshop plugin changes aspect ratio

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

SPE as Photoshop plugin changes aspect ratio

Postby jasonic1 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:42 pm

Hello! I just upgraded to the Studio version of SPE. When I save the image back to photoshop it will compress the SPE image into whatever the original aspect ratio was in PS (I'm using CS5) and stretch or shrink the image.
In other words-I choose an image in PS to treat in SPE. If I add a border, or change the aspect ratio in any way, I can't save it to PS without distorting the image. This seems pretty useless, because many of your effects (most?) will alter the size. Is there any workaround for this? How can I know in advance what effects will change aspect ratios-and to what size?
Eg:
Screen shot 2016-02-29 at 1.33.47 PM.png
Screen shot 2016-02-29 at 1.33.47 PM.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3341 times

Screen shot 2016-02-29 at 1.33.56 PM.png
Screen shot 2016-02-29 at 1.33.56 PM.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 3341 times

Site Admin

Re: SPE as Photoshop plugin changes aspect ratio

Postby admin » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:42 am

Unfortunately this is a limitation in photoshop plugins: they don't allow plugins to change the size of the image (presumably because photoshop doesn't support layers of different sizes from each other). While most of the border effects do change the size of the image by adding a border, most of the rest of the effects generally don't, so you should be pretty safe with any effect that doesn't add a border.

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Other Questions About The Software