TIFF's too big to upload

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

TIFF's too big to upload

Postby Picmeister » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:00 am

Hello, the processing company that I wish to use has a limit of 50mb for Tiff uploads. Any file that I save thru SME results in a 120mb or more tiff file. Is it possible to save to Tiff as a smaller file and not upset the original IQ of the photo?

Site Admin

Re: TIFF's too big to upload

Postby admin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:01 am

Hi,

You can save using lossless compression (it's an option when you save). That's the smallest you can save a tiff out of the software. If you save as a jpeg with the quality turned up to maximum, it should be much smaller than the tiff, and a comparable quality (check the output in an image viewer if you want to reassure yourself.

If you are printing, a 120mb tiff file sounds very large, if you are not printing at a large size, you could save a scaled down picture. If you pick half size it would be a 30mb file. A high quality jpeg at full size would contain more information though.

Hope that helps,

Tony

Re: TIFF's too big to upload

Postby Picmeister » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:14 am

Thanks Tony for the info, I will do as you have suggested. Rgds. :D

Return to Other Questions About The Software