Was unstable---now not working at all.

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Was unstable---now not working at all.

Postby DreamRiver » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:07 am

I have windows 8 64 bit. There were times that the software stopped responding frequently, but I could restart and it reloaded the file and then I could move on. Other times it worked fine. Until tonight, I can open the JPEG I want to work on, select one effect, and then when I want to select an area, it stops responding. Reloading, or restarting my computer does not solve the issue. I have not made any changes to my system, so I am unsure why this problem is now at this level. Frustrating because I basically cannot use it at all. The trial version did not have these issues, had I known I would not have made the purchase.
Any suggestions?

Site Admin

Re: Was unstable---now not working at all.

Postby admin » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:41 am

The trial version is essentially the same software as the bought version, the only difference is that save is enabled, so it's unlikely to be the difference between the two pieces of software. The first thing I'd recommend is uninstalling and reinstalling using the license manager. If that doesn't fix it, the best thing to do is open a support ticket, and our support team will try and work out what's going on.

Kind regards,

Tony

Postby DreamRiver » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:53 am

Will I lose the effects that I have saved for my own use if I reinstall? The strange thing is after I cleared all my temp files it worked fine last night, but today it is not. Well, thank you for the help I will keep trying and open a support ticket if I can't manage.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:44 am

No, you shouldn't loose any effects if you choose Keep Effects Gallery and settings. If in doubt you can take a backup of the C:\Users\YOUR LOGIN NAME\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor\user directory, as that's where all your saved effects live.

Tony

Return to Other Questions About The Software