How do you know if your PC is 64Bits?

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

How do you know if your PC is 64Bits?

Postby SmartPhota » Sun May 11, 2014 3:59 am

Well, I had to upgrade and I had a choice of several flavors of the upgrade. One of thems was 32 or 64 bits and the Smartphotoeditor web site directs you to do this:

To find out whether you have a 64-bit edition of Mac OSX:

Click on the apple symbol in the top left of the screen and choose "about this Mac".
You will be shown a dialog showing you the OSX version and processor type.
As long as you have a version of OSX that is 10.5 or greater, and you have a 64 bit processor then your Mac is capable of running 64 bit programs.

EXCUSE ME, but that information is not there and it only tells you that as longs as you have... OS 10.5 version or greater and .... Yes, 64 bit computer... Yeah... that does not tell me if my Mac is 64 bit, right? and the "about my Mac doesn't tell me either"... What is wrong with the engineers that wrote the instructions?

Re: How do you know if your PC is 64Bits?

Postby gary2 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:39 am

I've improved the answer, but in fact the easiest way to find out if you have a 64 bit system is to try installing the 64 bit download and just see if it works.

Gary

Return to Other Questions About The Software