RAW file Development

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

RAW file Development

Postby RJMorgans » Thu May 08, 2014 10:27 am

I have mostly been using Jpeg files but would like to start using RAW files more.

Is there any advice on developing these in SPE?

I tried with the Fuji RAW (RAF) but there is like a background mottled effect.

Does a RAW file need to be converted into a Jpeg first before being worked on in SPE or will SPE will on them direct?

Re: RAW file Development

Postby Arwin » Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi RJMorgans,

Using RAW files in SPE is supported.
If a RAW file (and if I understand you right and in your case a Fuji RAW) gives some distorsions, I would open up a support ticket and send them a session in which you use the RAW file, they will look into it to fix the problem.

Converting a RAW file to Jpeg to use in SPE is not something I would advise if you want to use the full potential of a RAW file (this will be lost as soon you converted the file)
If you just want to process a Jpeg as you did before, that's oke of course.

Keep in mind when working with RAW files, you need to sharpen your photo yourself, as this is done by default in a Jpeg conversions (mostly in camera)

You can also convert the Fuji RAW to a DNG file, this is a Digital Negative format and equal to RAW in potential and also supported by SPE. You can find conversion tools for that on the internet, search for DNG converter, mostly free of charge.

Succes,
Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Return to Other Questions About The Software