Saving photo to Apple Iphoto

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

Saving photo to Apple Iphoto

Postby kgibson394 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 pm

I purchased a new Apple Pro Mac and then a new Smart Photo Editor for the Mac. I love Smart Photo Editor. However, after editing in Smart Photo after uploading the photo from Mac I Photo, I can't re-save the new edited photo into my I Photo files. It seems only be saved in Smart Photo Editor. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

Site Admin

Re: Saving photo to Apple Iphoto

Postby admin » Thu May 01, 2014 9:47 am

Without knowing what exactly the problem is, is it an error that comes up, or does it just not appear where you think it does, I can only guess. One thing that sometimes confuses people is that when you save a picture from SPE it adds a _pe to the filename, so that the original picture is not touched. Could that be your problem?

Tony

Postby Paulcowie » Thu May 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi Tony

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to use, however, I have a problem saving anything at the moment.

I have the latest version of SPE on my laptop (W7) and PC (Windows 8).

I can do all of the editing, and when it finally comes to saving, it simply hangs, then I get a message saying that the Photo Editor is not responding.

It happened this morning, I left it and now I have just tried again this afternoon and the same thing happens.

Do I have to uninstall and re-install?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri May 02, 2014 9:52 am

Hi Paulcowie,

The most likely thing is that there is some problem with the specific effect or effects you're using. Try loading a picture and doing a simple effect on it then saving it, that should work. Then if you could open a support ticket and send them a session file (File > Save As Session) of a session that you can't save as a jpg or tiff, then they can look into it.

Tony

Postby Paulcowie » Fri May 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks very much!

Sadly, no matter how simple the edit, nothing is being saved and Windows then shuts it down - I think I will have to Uninstall :(

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 06, 2014 9:43 am

Hi,

So even loading a picture then saving it back out again causes a crash? The only thing I can think of is have you checked if your hard disk is full? Obviously, this normally works, so we're looking at something very unusual. Other possibilities include bad sectors on your hard disk or a virus. Have you tried on another computer?

Tony

Postby Paulcowie » Tue May 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi Tony

I did try it on my laptop and it did the same thing - I then tried saving another version of the picture that I had worked on, and it worked, after a long delay - all that I can think of, is that the particular edit that I was trying to save, has a problem.

I have just received an email from the support people, with instructions to uninstall and re- install so we will see what happens then.

Thanks

Postby Paulcowie » Tue May 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Disaster!

I have just followed all the instructions and uninstalled and reinstalled and have ended up with a trial version that doesn't work!!!!!!

Time to PANIC!

Postby Arwin » Tue May 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Don't panic, although I do understand you do ;)

I'm sure they will help you out by tomorrow, in the meanwhile you can go to the License Manager to see if you are able to reset your token, I'm sure there is an option for that although I did not use it myself before.

Hope you're up and running soon :)

Kind regards,
Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby Paulcowie » Tue May 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Thanks Arwin

all that says is I joined on 29 June 2012, what it cost me and that it is activated.

I tried re- entering my SPE code and it says that it is used... :( :(

Next

Return to Other Questions About The Software