community effects

Post any questions about the Smart Photo Editor Software here
Forum rules
You are viewing the Community Help Pages. They are on-line forums where people can come to ask questions about the Smart Photo Editor and all the replies and relevant information are kept in the same place.

community effects

Postby junomermaid » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:19 am

Please how I can STOP the " downloading community effects" ?!!! :cry: BECAUSE every time I open this Smart Photo Editor more than 1000 pictures are downloaded to my computer ... this disturb me a lot and I have to clean and post to trash every time!!!

Please help me.

kind Regards

Juno

Re: community effects

Postby DBenterprises » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:29 am

Those are the effects. Why would you delete them? Or am I missing something here?

Postby junomermaid » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:36 am

Hello there ... these effects are NOT in the Smart Photo Editor BUT in my computer ... I don't wanna these every time I open this Photo Editor 1000000000000... effects are downloads to my computer!!! HOW I CAN STOP THIS?!

Postby Arwin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi Junomermaid,

As DBenterprises said, those are (parts of) the effects.

Is it the part they are downloaded everytime or do you dislike the space it takes on your computer?

When it's the part of downloading them everytime;
SPE will check if all available effects are downloaded.
I guess, when you delete parts of the effects (images) they will be downloaded again, so stop deleting those images will stop downloading them everytime.

If it is the part of occupied space;
Community effects is all SPE runs on, so when you dont like they are downloaded on your computer (It's how SPE works), I dont think SPE is the software to use for you?

Still you can wait for an official answer too, probably after the weekend ;)

Hope it answers your question a bit so far :)

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby junomermaid » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi Arwin :evil: , kind thanks for your replay.

Yep I dislike the space it takes on my computer and I tried to stop to deleted it all time ... but these effects seems to be infinity OMG .... I really like this PSE and I use it a lot ( almost every day ) and I PAID for the software and I have the right that my questions about be elucidate ( is NOT free for me darling! ) I only want a mechanism to STOP these community effects download at my pictures gallery 100000000000000000000... times just like that!!!

Oh yeah your answer is so far and clever BUT you DONT solved my problem!

Regards

P.S. enjoy your weekend Arwin :idea:

Junomermaid ;)

Postby Arwin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi Juno,

Did you try, File > Settings: and uncheck 'Automatically check for updates'?
Not sure if it's also effects gallery updates..

Have a nice weekend aswell
Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby DBenterprises » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:32 pm

Exactly what is downloaded? And where on your PC are they going? What are they images of?

Postby Arwin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:44 pm

On a Windows system, they are stored here DBenterprises C:\Users\[pc name]\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor\images
Dont know about Mac..

Arwin
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby DBenterprises » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:08 pm

So is junomermaid deleting this file? If so, then of course it gets re-updated in it entirety. Juno, are you only wanting to keep only a few effects or the ones you create? The program doesn't work that way. How are you using this program and what is your reasoning to not have all the effects? It only amounts to about 1 GB. What's the problem???
Arwin, un-ticking updates only affects program updates not the community effects.

Postby junomermaid » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Yep Arwin, I already tried , File > Settings: and uncheck 'Automatically check for updates' ... and did not work,

I am using MAC OS X 10.9.2
Regards

Juno

Next

Return to Other Questions About The Software