Latest Upgrade

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Latest Upgrade

Postby Bert65 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:04 am

Hi I upgraded to the latest version of SPE. I must say I hate it. The biggest gripe I have is that there is not an TOTAL RESET any more. You have to that that now one by one. Also the way to scroll now thru the EFFECTS GALLERY is not as clean and nice as before.
HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD THE PREVIOUS VERSION.
I can not do a SYSTEM RESTORE, because I just had changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had to log in with my SPE number again to get SPE to open in Windows 10. After that I saw that there was an update available. I did the update and totally regret it.

Can you make available the Smart Photo Editor before this update, so I can download that.

Regards,
Bert Schmitz

Re: Latest Upgrade

Postby gary » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:08 am

This is the Windows download for the previous version 1.22.2 SmartPhotoEditor Studio:
http://cloudfront.portraitprofessional. ... etup64.exe

Postby Bert65 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Thank You very much

Bert

Postby Bert65 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 pm

When I go thru Lightrooms (edit in) to SPE, everything works and I can make all the effects.
After I click O.K. and want to export the SPE altered image, there is no export to button. There is only "Save and Close"
When I use SPE as a stand alone program and open an image in it and do the effects and O.K. Than I can export it to any place on my computer.
I paid for SPE to be able to be opened thru Lightroom, but I can't export the image in it.

What do you want me to do?
See my computer and SPE info below. (Bert65)

Bert Schmitz

Application: Smart Photo Editor (64-bit)
Edition: Studio
Version: 1.24.4
Product code: PEstudio-F-en-v1.24.4 / ZRaw-v1.8
Fingerprint: X1O4T5T8WJ7ZHGADMKQXQTZ8
Platform: Windows
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home|C:\WINDOWS|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2 64-bit (10.0.15063)
Language: 1033
Computer Name: ALBERTUS-PC
Processor: AMD A6-3670 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Number of Physical Processors: 1
Bios: BIOS Date: 05/26/12 23:00:25 Ver: 04.06.04
Bios Release Date: 20120526
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Memory: 8192 MB
Free Disk Space on Boot Partition: 14472531968 Bytes
FreePhysicalMemory: 2288744 KB
FreeSpaceInPagingFiles: 3779672 KB
FreeVirtualMemory: 5282472 KB
Current Date/Time: 2017/11/15, 14:24:45
Qt: 5.6.2/5.6.2

Postby eadams » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:04 am

Bert65 wrote:When I go thru Lightrooms (edit in) to SPE, everything works and I can make all the effects.
After I click O.K. and want to export the SPE altered image, there is no export to button. There is only "Save and Close"
When I use SPE as a stand alone program and open an image in it and do the effects and O.K. Than I can export it to any place on my computer.
I paid for SPE to be able to be opened thru Lightroom, but I can't export the image in it.

In my experience, the behavior you describe is normal for plugins. I'm not an expert, but my understanding is as follows:

When you use SPE (or other image editors) as a standalone, there is a "Save as" option in the file menu that lets you choose where you want to save it.

When you "call" the image editor (e.g. SPE) as a plugin from within a host program like Photoshop or Lightroom, the host program "owns" the editing session. It is only possible to "save" the changes from the plugin back to the host program. That is why there is no "Save as" option in the plugin. With Photoshop, the edits done with the plugin are returned as a layer in the image, and the user can perform "File - Save as" in Photoshop to save the image where ever he/she wants. In the case of Lightroom, Lightroom automatically saves the edited image back to the original location. If you want the image to reside somewhere else, you can export the image to that place from Lightroom.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 am

I couldn't have put it better myself, Eadams, so I won't try!

Postby Bert65 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Your answer is not thru before I could do "save as" even as I went to SPE thru "Lightroom",
Maybe it is my changing to Windows 10, or it is the upgrade. But I know that it used to be possible to do "save as" before and I did not use SPE as a stand-alone but always went thru "Lightroom".\

After you could not give me an right answer, I went on trying different settings. Finally I found out that if I UNTICK "Auto Plugin Mode", I can do "Save as" when I go thru Lightroom.

I am amazed and found it APPALLING that you could (would) not give me this information.

Bert Schmitz

Postby eadams » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Bert65 wrote:Your answer is not thru before I could do "save as" even as I went to SPE thru "Lightroom",
Maybe it is my changing to Windows 10, or it is the upgrade. But I know that it used to be possible to do "save as" before and I did not use SPE as a stand-alone but always went thru "Lightroom".\

Hi Bert, I was surprised to read your reply and went looking for a way to do what you want to do. Under File - Settings in SPE I found a checkbox "Auto Plugin Mode". This was checked, and the result was that SPE behaved as a normal plugin when opened from within another program.

I unchecked this box, and then I was able to choose a photo in Lightroom, go to the menu Photo - Edit in, select SPE (which I had already added as an external editor in Lightroom) and then SPE started as a standalone program. I am using SPE version 1.22.2, so if you are using that version, take a look in your settings and see if the "Auto Plugin Mode" box is checked. If it is, uncheck it and try again.

I am actually surprised that this checkbox even exists - I haven't seen the like in any other plugins I use.

Postby Bert65 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:20 pm

As I told you in my post before, I unticked the box already and was dismayed that the Admin. could not give me that answer.
Very strange that they don't know how their own program worked.

Bert Schmitz

Return to Anything else