Colour Shift on Opening Image

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Colour Shift on Opening Image

Postby Learningful » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:47 pm

I've been using SPE (v 1.22.2) as a plugin for PS CC for about 4-5 months now. Just recently, when the image first opens in SPE (i.e. before the effects gallery has been opened) from PS it undergoes a colour shift (toward green.) (see attached). Anyone else encountered this? Or know what's causing it? Thanks
Attachments
Green Colour Shift.jpg
Green Colour Shift.jpg (246.21 KiB) Viewed 3158 times

Re: Colour Shift on Opening Image

Postby gary » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:16 pm

I understand that the picture looks slightly green when in SPE, but when you finish and then return back to PS is the same green still there?

I think you are on a Mac is that right?

Can you tell me your color management settings in SPE?

Does the green problem happen with all pictures including older ones from before the time when this started happening?

Re: Colour Shift on Opening Image

Postby Learningful » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:57 pm

Thanks for the quick response Gary. I'm slightly embarrassed to say the problem seems to have gone away! I have re-tested with a variety of images (even including the sample file -- which was a RAW RAF file BTW) and cannot recreate the problem, even though I don't believe I've changed anything in my workflow/settings. Yes, I'm on an iMac (El Capitan), and I've set Color Management to load the color profile from the image.
Sorry for wasting your time, but thanks again for your response.

Return to Anything else