Short List and Favorites

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Short List and Favorites

Postby wessn » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:49 am

Hi, this is driving me crazy. I'm going through all the presets, looking for a particular one I used before. As I see presets I like, I add them to the short list. Now, how in the hell do you move them from short list to favorites? The text cocerning this says all the short list presets will run in a column down the r/hand down in the screen, and to add them to favorites kist click click < and each preset will be added. All my shortlist preset run across the top of the page, and I'm not seeing any < symbol to click. Am I not understanding the instructions correctly? Is there some kind of work around? TIA ~wess

Re: Short List and Favorites

Postby Richard Briggs » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:46 am

I just had a look at this.

OK, so you have added three presets (effects) to your shortlist. As you try other effects you can keep hitting the Show Shortlist at top left of screen to remind yourself of what you have shortlisted. And, as you say, there appears to be no option to 'add to favourites'.

My first thoughts were the 'Favourites Recent Shortlists' button top right. If you press this you get two windows. The right hand window shows all effects you've used recently whilst the left hand window shows your favourites and there is a left arrow to add from the recently used to the Favourites.

BUT, as I have just discovered, it only adds shortlisted effects to that 'recents' list if you actually use (i.e. press OK) one of them. So....

Scenario 1 - You have three shortlisted effects. You decide to abandon the whole thing. These shortlisted effects will not appear in the 'Recent' window. Presumably because 'recent' means actually used and you havn't actually used them.

Scenario 2 - You have three shortlisted effects. You select and use one (press OK). Now you will find all three in the recents list and so can add them to your favourites.

There's a logic there somewhere but not as we know it (Jim!).

Richard

Site Admin

Re: Short List and Favorites

Postby admin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:38 am

One further point:

In some versions instead of a "<" button, there's a button saying "Manage Favorites". They both allow you to move recent effects into favorites.

Return to Anything else