problems

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

problems

Postby cadwr » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Disappointing compared with Portrait pro. Window qwill not fit on my screen. Program keeps crashing. Menus non-intuitive. Basically a low grade program relying on users to improve it. Not a patch of Serif Photoplus or other simple image editors. Sorry. I'm uninstalling the trial

Re: problems

Postby Rojo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:42 am

I agree with you.
I just paid my license and many many crashing already.
Yet, I use many softwares of treatment of pictures; but I never saw as many bugs in a software.
I use Windows 7 pro with a big configuration hardware. I am not a beginner in the numeric photo!!!
Rojo
Roger Jourdain, author-photographer
My photographer's slogan : "Photography is my passion, to share it is my dream".

Postby Richard Briggs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:19 am

I do find it strange when people report the product as bug ridden and having an awful user interface. There's enough reports to suggest that this is the case. But, I have been using SPE for 3.5 years now on Windows 7 and Windows 10 and the only bug I've encountered is sometimes the product will freeze when saving a jpeg. But, to the product's credit, next time I fire up SPE it auto recovers my work. By the way, even the mighty Microsoft WORD fails from time to time.

At the end of the day, though, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me of a product that has a worldwide community that provides the wide range of diverse effects to use in an infinite number of combinations. I really want to know if there is anything on the market that does what SPE does (on Windows). There's a number of cool android apps but a) they don't have the range of SPE and b) often don't save in original high res format.

Richard

Postby eadams » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:23 am

I've used this software for many years and the program crashes maybe once or twice a year. Even then my computer may be at fault (too many things running at once). I recommend that you submit a support request at smartphotoeditor.com.

Postby Rojo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:14 am

First of all : I am an amateur photographer; but recognized amateur all over the world. No, I don't write to praise me. Look at this page on my gallery of the trophies, on my personal server; because I am as programmer in my profession : http://www.rojourdain-photographe.fr/Sitenew/bestof.htm

Certainly, this software pleased me a lot; because it has very numerous filters and I thank the community that shares their work. Personally, I am a new user with this software... ;-)

I uses this sofware with Windows 7 pro (64 bits), Processor Intel Core i7 CPU with 12 Gb of RAM, Hard disk system: SSD 750Gb, Hard Disk Raptor for my work: 2To. I have many many softwares for my work: PhotoShop CS5 with plugins: Professional portrait Pro Studio, all filters of Nik Sofware, Akvis Retoucher, Mystical Gen 1 AutoFX of, DXO Elite Pro last version, Helicon Filter, ACDSee Pro, etc... etc... I never have a problem with them...
Several times per day this software crashes and all my work is destroyed. I am disgusted :-(

But I never renounce. I am an enthusiast in photography :D

My regards to all
Roger Jourdain, author-photographer
My photographer's slogan : "Photography is my passion, to share it is my dream".

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:09 am

Dear Rojo

Sorry to hear you're having problems. The first thing to check is to make sure you are using the 64bit version of the software. The 32bit version will not always work well with very large images. If that's not the case, could you open a support ticket? It's posslble that there's some other issue causing problems for you.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby mail@nhill123.plus.com » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:09 pm

my software does not seem to be compatible with adobe elements 14 for instance if I am working on smart photo and I want to get into elements I have to cancel
smart photo then I have lost everything thank you norman hill

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Dear Norman,

Could you give a bit more detail about your problem? When launched as a plugin, you need to choose the option to save and close from within SPE to return to the original program.

Kind regards

Tony

Return to Anything else