right hand buttons disappearing

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

right hand buttons disappearing

Postby JackyQ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:31 am

:twisted: Hello all,
The new version has been fine for me until today, when working on it the right hand panel of effect buttons disappears :twisted: , i don't know how to get it back and the only way is to close down and open up again, any help would be really appreciated,
Many thanks

Re: right hand buttons disappearing

Postby eadams » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:49 am

There is a setting to auto-hide the right panel (File-Settings-Advanced-Tools buttons on right auto hide). Has it been activated by mistake? When activated you have to click on the far right edge of the screen to make the panel visible again.

Postby JackyQ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:02 am

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (162.5 KiB) Viewed 9334 times
Thank you, i done that, then closed it down and it is still the same,
As you can see from the attachment, and by bring the cursor to the right, it gives no option to bring it back

Postby eadams » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi again JackyQ,

The whole right side of the SPE interface is missing in your screenshot. You can clearly see that the last effect on the page is cut off. To me, this looks like there is a problem with your screen's resolution because the entire program interface won't fit on the screen. I think you should post your computer's configuration (operating system and graphic card details) or submit a support request. In the meantime, you can revert to the old version of SPE.

Postby JackyQ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:15 pm

Many thanks for your help, i will do this, and yes true i can use the older one in the meantime,
Thanks again
Jacky

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi there,

I'm one of the developers working on SmartPhotoEditor. Does the problem with the right side of the interface happen consistently? Is there anything that you can recall doing before the problem occurred (e.g. resizing the window, maximising it, using a particular tool, a particular tooltip showing)?

Many thanks,

])arren.

Postby JackyQ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi,
when i open the programme its fine, then when i pick any of the buttons to the right,it all disappears, no settings have been modified by me,
hope this help you some bit
Jacky

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Thanks for the ultra-quick response. So, some further questions:
  • Does it happen 100% of the time?
  • Does it happen 100% of the time regardless of which button in the right hand side panel you click on?
  • Does it happen for any image type. I notice you have a .cr2 loaded in your screenshot. Can you see if this happens with .jpg, for example?
  • Does it happen for any image size. Can you try with an image that is (say) 2000x2000 max?
  • Are you on Windows or Mac? What is your computer spec? Can you send 'System Info' from the Help --> About dialog?
  • Can you try reinstalling the software (select 'Complete Uninstall' on Windows) and see if you still see the same behaviour?

The more information, the better of course. :-)

Postby JackyQ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Ok, i have been using the older version so i will go into the new version, carry out all you say and come back to you asap
Jacky

Postby JackyQ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:28 pm

Right Darren,
After using the old version since the problem started, i just now went to the new version and its all working perfectly.
I have not updated anything? how weird, i tried raw, jpeg's large small etc etc,
I am windows 10 PC version 10.0.10586.
It mostly happened when i chose effects button, went to a single grid across screen as opposed to the 3 rows that was normally there
But like i say i have gone out and in and tried all different sizes and it seems to be working fine,
I hope others are all working ok for them also,
If you need anything more just ask and ill help if needed
Many thanks
jacky

Next

Return to Anything else