Thinking of you, Andrew!

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Re: Thinking of you, Andrew!

Postby Richard Briggs » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 am

Hello Andrew, I can't add to previous response other than to say you are missed. I was also wondering about Arwin. Like you I play stringed instruments (guitar). I also am an avid music listener (but I'd rather play). I bought a very expensive Martin 10 years ago (at 57) on the basis that arthritis may set in before long. Well, here I am at 67 and no sign of arthritis! My plan is...

- If the eyes go I have my guitar.
- If my ears go I have photography.
- If my dexterity goes then hopefully can still manage a camera and keyboard.
- If I can't walk then I will have both music and photography still.

I have it all worked out!! Sod's law says something will come up I'd not thought of!

Richard

Re: Thinking of you, Andrew!

Postby andrewb2012 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Hi Richard,

Great to hear from you - you know the old adage 'as one door closes...' - well this has been true in my life so I count myself very lucky that I have enough interests to keep me going in most circumstances. I do not despair about growing old or not being able to do what I once was able to do - I have much more time now to reflect and still have much joy in the memories of past activities like rock climbing and hill walking. I can still remember the many days out on the hills with close friends (some of whom are no longer with us). I experiment with open tunings on guitar and gain much pleasure from new directions discovered - my current favourite is an open C tuning (CGCGCE) and a variation (CGCGCD). Although I have no intention of performing - they are real FUN to play (mistakes and all).

Anyway, lovely to hear from you - hope you are well and continuing to be inspired with photography (and all your other interests including guitar).

Kind regards,

Andrew

Previous

Return to Anything else