background erase

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

background erase

Postby ozrod00 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:52 am

Not sure if this has been addressed but when replacing the background, I have trouble working around a female subject who has unruly hair and i cannot get into the spaces in between hair edges and make the the area more credible. I sometimes end up erasing some of the hair edges just to get the job done. Is there a tool that I can use to further work between the hair edges?

Site Admin

Re: background erase

Postby admin » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:41 am

Hi,

Selecting things like hair can often be tricky, however there are some tricks that can make a big difference. The main two are:

1. Understanding the "Find Soft Edge" brush. It's important to know that the center circle is always selected, and then colours within the center circle are searched for in the outer circle. Sometimes this means that your center circle ends up touching areas you don't want it to. To avoid that:
2. Hold down shift when using the selection brush. If you do that, then you can place the center circle in an area completely covered by colours you want, then you can scrub the brush around without worrying that the center circle will accidentally select stuff.

There's a bunch of videos here that might also be useful.

Kind regards,

Tony

Return to Anything else