Quality and Value of Smart Photo Editor

Want to say something that doesn't fit in the other categories, like suggesting a new forum? Tell us here.

Quality and Value of Smart Photo Editor

Postby shadowgold » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:11 pm

I've been a professional photographer for many years and have used/use most top photo editing software out there...When I began to use Smart Photo Editor I realized that the best way to learn how to get the most from this software was to practice, practice, practice...once I did that it became very clear that this software goes beyond even photoshop in ability to fine tune photos without having a steep learning curve...In other words yes photoshop is great if you take enough time to learn its uses...but if you're like me and have been searching for a piece of photo editing software that will collapse time frames and produce stunning results...this software is at the top of the list. The more I use and understand Smart Photo Editor, the more I realize just how powerful a tool this is...I would say that I'm proficient with photoshop, but I find myself going back to those great photos and re-editing them in Smart Photo Editor with amazing results, and I am by no means that proficient with Smart Photo Editor, Yet !!!!...so I can only imagine what the future holds...also I see that updates are coming in all the time which means that the developers of Smart Photo Editor are indeed taking you/customers suggestions and continuously upgrading what this sofware will do...It is exciting to be able to interact with the developers to create what "we the people" need to enhance our work for pleasure or professional uses. I could say a lot more about this easy to use software, but the proof is in the pudding. Any professional or casual user will find that Smart Photo Editor "is" the software of the future for those serious about enhancing their work to the max !!!

Site Admin

Re: Quality and Value of Smart Photo Editor

Postby admin » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:34 am

Thanks for your kind words, Shadowgold. I hope we continue to impress you in the future!

Tony

Postby Minotaurus007 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:21 am

I can only confirm what shadowgold said. The interesting part is *using* existing effects. Workflow:

1. Shoot > 2. Photomechanic > 3. Archive (Lightroom/Imabas) > 4. Basal Processing (Lightroom/Photoshop) > 5. Creative Processing (Smart Photo Editor).

This last task could take hours, days, but with SPE - commandline-interface or photoshop-plugin provided - zero time. Just start a batch to generated 100 versions of a top image. Then simply select and you are done. (If you want you can still launch Photoshop... but you could also have a drink or another photo shoot).

-Mino

Postby photosan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Another interesting aspect of Smart Photo Editor if you use textures in photo editing....One can take any texture and create over 200 versions of the same texture....when I found out how to do this it gave me options I did not have before...I continue to be amazed at versatility of this software...Larry Mccrea

Postby Minotaurus007 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi Larry,

could you share your steps to create versions of *textures*?!

Regards
-Mino

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Minotaurus007,

You can create a texture effect by using the Effect Editor. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Load an image.
2. Select Effect Editor.
3. Select Add Image and choose the file you want to use as a texture.
4. You'll see some "Nodes" appear. Now Double click the "Scale" Node and change "Scale Method" to Change Aspect Ratio.
5. In the Search Box, type in "Merge" to bring up a Merge Node. Now drag it to the area where the other nodes are.
6. You can drag the arrows from the yellow nub of each Node to connect them. Connect the right side of the Scale Node and the Effect Input Node to the left side of the Normal Merge Node.
7. Now connect the Merge Node to the Effect Output.
8. Now double click the Merge node and in the options change the Merge Type to Multiply. You may want to experiment with Merge Types for different effects.

This should have the effect of allow the texture of the loaded image to be combined with your image. You can save this as a local effect and then easily reapply it to any other image you want.

Postby Minotaurus007 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Admin,

I love that primer. Gives me a first look at what I never even attempted to try! Excellent. Many thanks.

-Mino

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:33 am

Hi Minotaurus,

We also have a bunch of new videos, showing how to use the effect editor that you might be interested in.

Tony

Postby RJM » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 pm

I've been using SPE about 6 months and its awesome. The more I use it the more I realise his good it is.

Why is Photoshop and others so difficult to learn?

Well done and keep up the great work.

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:38 am

Hi RJM,

Really pleased to hear that you are so happy with the software. :-)

Take care and continue enjoying SPE.

])arren.

Return to Anything else