"Background focus" Tutorial: "paint bucket" never appears

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

"Background focus" Tutorial: "paint bucket" never appears

Postby MrAnalogy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm doing the Tutorial on bluring the background.

But it says that after I run the selection brush around the whole background (excluding the foreground person in the example) that the Paint Bucket should appear, but I don't see it.

This program has real promise. I've thought for a while that there was a need for a "smarter" photoshop.

Sadly, I've had it for over a month and not been able to successfully do anything productive with it. It crashes everytime I use it (it crashed on the tutorial and then everytime I tried to select help>tutorials it crashed again.

I'm hoping it'll improve.

Re: "Background focus" Tutorial: "paint bucket" never appears

Postby MrAnalogy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Nevermind, I see them now.

MIGHT be a good idea to give black icons like that a white edge. It was very difficult to see agains the dark photo background.

Site Admin

Re: "Background focus" Tutorial: "paint bucket" never appears

Postby admin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi MrAnalogy,

Re fill icons: Could you post a screenshot showing the problem? The paint buckets are normally white with a black drop shadow so they can be seen against dark and bright backgrounds. I'm not sure why they have come out black on your screen.

Re crashing: Firstly, it's worth keeping up to date with the software versions. Go to Help > Check for updates. If the problem you're having isn't fixed in the latest version, please do open a support ticket here: http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/support ... icket_main, and we will try and fix what ever problem you are having.

Thanks,

Tony

Return to Bugs