New Version 1.13

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

New Version 1.13

Postby brotherman » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Oh, bravo, Tony! Apparently someone is listening to their customer base and does what he says he will do. If only politicians did the same. My right side tool tips are gone and I've gotten this removal brush thing down to a fine art. I expect it takes a while to write tutorials and I have some patience so fine. Maybe the resolution is better but this is fun.

Brotherman

Site Admin

Re: New Version 1.13

Postby admin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:29 am

Thanks! Hopefully we can continue to improve the software from here. There's lots to do.

Tony

Postby sexydivinediva » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:17 am

what is the new version...1.13? I have it downloaded, but I do not see anything. When compositing layers, it is hard to trace around someones hair or the fine edges, even if you decrease the size of the detector, is there something else I can do? You can see the jagged edges.

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 am

Hi sexydivinediva,

You can check if you're running version 1.13.7 by going to Help> About in Smart Photo Editor. If you're not on the latest version, select Help> Check for Updates to download the latest version.

When selecting an area, it may help if you hold shift to "lock" the detector. The selection will then only select areas similar to where the detector has been locked. This will help you select the smaller/finer areas with more ease.

Please let us know if that helps with your selection.

Postby Tony » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi Sexydivinediva,

For tracing round hair sometimes it can be very difficult if the hair is against a complex background that is similar color to the hair.
Against a background where the color is different from the hair, the smart brush can automatically find the hair, and here you have to use a relatively large brush, keeping the center circle completely on your background and just let the larger circle find the background against the hair.

Hope that helps

Tony

Postby brotherman » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:55 pm

sexydivinediva wrote:what is the new version...1.13? I have it downloaded, but I do not see anything. When compositing layers, it is hard to trace around someones hair or the fine edges, even if you decrease the size of the detector, is there something else I can do? You can see the jagged edges.

Suggest you look at 'settings'. Users can now turn off the large tool tips that jumped off the right-side options that were annoying at least to me and the resolution and removal process may be improved.

Brotherman

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 pm

You can see a list of the changes in different versions in the announcements section of these forums.

Postby Akamar Balla Photography » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:49 pm

When I install the latest version should I uni-stall the older one first please, I have just being installing them over the top of the older ones... Thanks ;)

Postby brotherman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:28 am

Akamar Balla Photography wrote:When I install the latest version should I uni-stall the older one first please, I have just being installing them over the top of the older ones... Thanks ;)

I may be wrong, though I'm sure that the new file will overwrite the old. It's like a 'save' or copy/paste operation. If two versions of the same file occupy the same space, the newer one will be used. Unless you give the new file a new name and save in the same folder.

Brotherman

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:06 am

Brotherman is right. Installing the new version will overwrite the old version. This is what I'd recommend just because you don't want to fill up your hard disk with old versions and it's quicker than removing the old one first.

Tony

Return to Bugs