Area treatment issue

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Area treatment issue

Postby Penningtons7 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:17 am

Hello First off am very pleased with the software value!

In this last upgrade v1.127 when I use the area treatment if I go to click on the effects I notice there is an option to choose effects suggested for named selection. When I do this the info pop up never goes away. I end up saving closing and reopening in order to get past this.

Site Admin

Re: Area treatment issue

Postby admin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Penningtons7,

I can't reproduce this issue yet. Are you on a Mac or PC?

Tony

Postby Penningtons7 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:11 am

Perhaps it is my machine. I am on Windows XP a quad but amrunning under the suggested ram (for me it is working fine with a quad proccessor) That is the only hiccup

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:36 am

Ok, we will have a look into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Tony

Postby tonyAR » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:43 pm

How do I know that an effect has been processed and saved.. there is no apply button from what I can gather. I end up feeling unsure if any effect (not only in area treatment issue) has been processed. From going through the forum I don't seem to be the only one. Also with composite when I use smart brush to unmask area below it - why is there no opacity slider similar to which exists in airbrush?
Program has so much potential - amazing.
The above problems plus crashes far too often been my main problems so far and from what can gather this seems to be an ongoing problem which does not seem to go away...if looking at other posts.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:27 am

Hi Tony,

Yes, there is a stability problem affecting some of our users. Frustratingly (for us as well as them), we have not yet been able to reproduce it at our end. It's annoying because it's often very quick (30 mins!) to fix a problem once we can reproduce it.

All changes are always applied, that's why there isn't a confirm button. You are not the only one who has found this confusing, and we are going to move to a new model where everything has to be confirmed. It's in the process of being investigated because some people expect it to work the way it does at the moment and we don't want to confuse them!

Tony

Postby Penningtons7 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:57 am

Tony I had issues with my machine crashing and found the only way for me to run your program was to force affinity so it would not run on hyperthreads. I did not report these as bugs since I am running below the suggestted ram. Was waiting to increase ram and then if it persists report the issue. However with the Affinity on my quad forced to run on 1 or 2 my crashes seem to be due to memory errors now. I can almost predict them and know to bake save and continue to work on the saved image.

Postby Penningtons7 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:09 am

By the way my machine is a dell workstation 6200 2 Xeon dual cores at 3.4MHZ with 1 gig. Again the memory is undersized but works fine on most of my images I process up to 18megapixel images with little issues.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks for that Penningtons7. Setting processor affinity, is definitely something worth trying if you have more than one physical CPU on your machine and you are experiencing crashes. 18 MP images should work fine on our software, although it might get really slow with complex effects on that little RAM. If you can reliably cause a crash (even if you are running with less RAM than we suggest), then could you open a support ticket here: http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/support ... icket_main, and we will try and reproduce the issue here. If we can reproduce it, then we should be able to at least make it react to the situation better, so you don't loose your work. We really appreciate any specific bug reports.

Tony

Return to Bugs