CRASH/EXPORT SOLUTION

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

CRASH/EXPORT SOLUTION

Postby timerrin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:49 am

Hi guys, I have a possible solution for crashing and export photo problems. I've found through a series of experiments that if I delete or move the original/source photo SPE has to use a stored version instead. This works every time for me!

The easiest way to test this is copy a photo to the desktop and import or open in SPE. Save the project then delete the photo from the desktop (you may have to close SPE to delete the photo).

When exporting a photo you should get this message ' Warning: Original source file not available, processing stored version instead'. Click 'OK'

I have tested this by using between 5 and 10 effects at once and it still works. I've not been able to use more than 3 previously.

good luck and I hope that it works for you as a short term solution.

Tim

Re: CRASH/EXPORT SOLUTION

Postby photo boy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 am

Hi Tim,

Have just tried your temp fix and it worked for me, many thanks well done.

Slightly different method I think, I copied an image to desktop, opened it in SPE, worked on the image, deleted desktop copy, then saved it, got the warning before save but ignored it. ;)

Regards Jeffrey

Site Admin

Re: CRASH/EXPORT SOLUTION

Postby admin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 am

A couple of other tips:

Make sure you are up to date with the software. Go to Help > Check For Updates to see if you are on the latest version. The software is constantly being improved and bugs are fixed all the time.

If the application is crashing, do open a support ticket here: http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/support ... icket_main, if you can provide us with enough information about how to reproduce the crash, then we can fix it.

Tony

Return to Bugs