SPE constantly crashes

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

SPE constantly crashes

Postby gdmusic » Sat May 26, 2012 11:14 am

I am having the same problem as "Application crashes constantly!
by acxicat » Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 pm"...Running Windows 7 32 bit / 4gb ram...it would seem to be a resource problem, but when I open Task Manager the memory and processor are cruising...all other programs will open and are functional while SPE stays in the "not responding" mode. The problem happens very quickly when applying a mask to the background or sky areas, but also has frozen when viewing many different effects on a photo. Sounds like a resource problem, huh?
ANY IDEAS?! Thanks in advance

Re: SPE constantly crashes

Postby Thea Davies » Mon May 28, 2012 9:49 am

Hi gdmusic,

Really sorry you are having these problems with the photo editor. I have a few questions for you:

1. is it just this kind of area you are getting? Specifically, is the directory the file is complaining about called forupload?

ZWin32ErrorException: Error 0x00000005 with file ‘C:\users\shelto\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor\forupload...

If so, you can delete that directory to see if that quickly fixes it all for you. (the directory is just your recent choices of effects since the last update, that the server uses to work out the best effects, so you wont loose anything by deleteing that directory)

2. If there are other similar errors, but not in the for upload directory, then you will need to uninstall photo editor and delete the entire: C:\users\shelto\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor directory before reinstalling.

3. From the sounds of it it's a permisions problem with the directories. Do you use more than one user on that machine? Perhaps you installed it as one user then use it with a different one?

Thanks for being so patient. Hopefully if we can get to the bottom of this, I can try and make the software work better for everyone in the future.

Warm regards,
Thea
Anthropics

Postby sonya78 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:59 am

actually mine is doing the exact same thing, and I have windows 7. I believe is something with windows 7. I hope you can figure it out cause I really like the program!

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi sonya78,

I saw that you opened a support ticket, has the problem been fixed for you and is Smart Photo Editor working correctly now?

Arjun

Return to Bugs