New Effect Not Working as Expected

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

New Effect Not Working as Expected

Postby andrewb2012 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:20 am

Hi Folks,

I created an effect that I called 'One-On-One 001'

I've tried to show below the effect structure.

You will note that my idea was to create two paths for the same original image - in effect superimposing the users original image on itself but causing it to be slightly rotated first & applying slightly different hue parameters prior to merging the two paths.

How thrilled I was when I got the GREEN light confirming my logic was correct. I was also thrilled with the effect result prior to publishing - it did EXACTLY what I wanted it to do.

However, after publication I tested the effect on other images, and to my disappointment found that the second path with rotation was not applied to the other images - rendering the effect useless other than hue adjustments.

Effect details:

PATH 1

Effect Input -------------Hue/Sat/Bright----------------Extrapolate (away merge)-----------Effect Output
-
-
-
PATH 2
-
-
-
Same
Source
Effect
Input -------Rotation------Hue/Sat/Bright ......[linked up to Extrapolate (away merge) above]
(used
same
box)

Hope this is meaningful to you.

Unfortunately, I created a second effect called 'One-On-One 002' - tried to rectify the situation but I made an error in construction - and although it was a viable effect, it is certainly not what I meant to occur.

So there is the gist of the problem - not sure if it is down to my inexperience or a bug, but I thought you would like to know.

Could you please REMOVE these two effects from your system as they are not properly described nor do they work as intended - the two effects are 'One-On-One 001' & 'One-On-One 002' by andrewb2012.

STILL BLOWN AWAY WITH SPE's POTENTIAL - WOW SOFTWARE INDEED!

Kind regards

Andrew

Site Admin

Re: New Effect Not Working as Expected

Postby admin » Sat May 05, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Andrew,

The effect you talk about hasn't appeared on the server yet, so you are probably looking at your local copy. When it does, I'll give more feedback. In the meantime, you might be interested in playing with the place and merge node, which combines rotating (and rotating scaling etc) with the blending modes available in merge.

Tony

Re: New Effect Not Working as Expected

Postby andrewb2012 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks Tony - Will do as you suggest!

Cheers

Andrew

Return to Bugs