Download time and favorite's bug

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Download time and favorite's bug

Postby MGauthier » Fri May 12, 2017 9:25 am

Hello,

Is it normal that it takes more than 10 minutes to download a processed photo? I use raw mostly...

Also, I have a problem when clicking on filters to view them in the favorites' list. Most of them don't add up even if I make sure to click on them properly... And also it skips a page when I want to view the filters page by page...

Thank you,

I still think it's the best program ever!

Site Admin

Re: Download time and favorite's bug

Postby admin » Fri May 12, 2017 9:41 am

Hi,

I guess by 'download' you mean saving a picture to your computer? (Downloading is when you get something from the internet). Most of the time saving should be pretty quick. However there are some effects (generally ones that do some de-noising, often authored by a user called Tom) that can take a long time to save just because they take a lot of processing, especially with large images.

I'm not sure I completely understand your second question. Could you tell me exactly what you clicked on, and what you expected to happen?

Kind regards

Tony

Postby MGauthier » Fri May 12, 2017 11:39 am

Hello Tony,

When I go to the gallery and turn the pages for effects options, it often skips a page. And when I click to add to the shortlist, it very often doesn't appear in it when I check to my list of effects chosen.

Thank you for your fast response,

Michèle

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon May 15, 2017 11:17 am

Hi Michèle

So if you click on the right arrow, it might go from page 3 to page 5? Sometimes it can take a while to generate the next page, so you might have clicked while it is thinking. You could also try using page up and page down to see if that works better.

When you say it doesn't add to the shortlists chosen, are you talking about the Shortlist within the gallery on the left, or the Favorites Recent Shortlist button on the right? When you click on the Shortlist button a shortlist flag should appear next to the effect name. Then you can click on "Show Shortlist" to see everything you've shortlisted.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby MGauthier » Tue May 16, 2017 7:35 am

Hello Tony,

Yes, when I click let's say on page 3 to the following 4, it jumps to 5 instead. Etc. And I've been really careful who I click and watch the reaction..., and it does just that, not always but very opften.

And for the effects I click on to send them to the short list on the left, there really is a problem. I can click several times on the button of effect to shortlist, it is very difficult. It sometimes takes several clicks and I have to always check the shortlist to see if the effects I want are there, because otherwise I have to start over and go back to find again this effect or that that I had clicked on in vain...

Michèle :roll:

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 16, 2017 10:31 am

Dear Michèle,

The problem might be that when you click a second time on the shortlist button, it will then remove it from the shortlist. Click once and you should see a flag appear next to the effect name.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby MGauthier » Tue May 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Dear Tony,

I've been really careful and analyzed the way I click, too softly, too hard, etc. And I swear it's either too sensitive regarding the turning of pages or it doesn't read the click to the shortlist, that I am sure. But never mind, I still work around it. It's just something that did not happen a while ago.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed May 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi,

Is it possibly a problem with your mouse? One way of checking would be to use the keyboard shortcuts and see if the same issue happens. Page Up and Down will change the page.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby sonic.stefano@gmail.com » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:20 pm

I also have the same problem if you try to add well yes it been added but more than one page of effects then I cannot see them or go to next page so I have tried to live with this. But I do not think it is something I should live with because I sometimes use a hell of a lot time just to fint the effect because I cant save them all or either find I do not know what the problem is but I can see other apparently also have the same problem !

Postby MGauthier » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:41 pm

I did actually have a problem with my mouse, which made pages skip. I changed my mouse and the problem with skipping pages was solved. Yet, saving time is still very long although I changed my pc to a more powerful one.

Return to Bugs