EXIF no longer preserved

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

EXIF no longer preserved

Postby pettijohn » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:44 am

I updated SPE today and noticed the EXIF data I entered in Picassa was not preserved with the photo files when used and saved in Smart Photo Editor. This feature worked until I updated today. I had not updated for several months.

I spend time putting tags or keywords to the photos. I bring a batch or file of the photos into smart photo editor --perform effects.

When I look at the photos in Picassa, the SPE edited photos no longer have the tags or keywords. Therefore I have to spend time re tagging the photos. My tags are more like keywords I can search on to find photos. Some examples maybe lions, zoo or otters, zoo. I tag the photos under Picassa. I can load into photoshop elements make edits and save as a new file with the tags still associated with the photo.

Re: EXIF no longer preserved

Postby ElliottM » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:03 pm

pettijohn wrote:I updated SPE today and noticed the EXIF data I entered in Picassa was not preserved with the photo files when used and saved in Smart Photo Editor. This feature worked until I updated today. I had not updated for several months.

I spend time putting tags or keywords to the photos. I bring a batch or file of the photos into smart photo editor --perform effects.

When I look at the photos in Picassa, the SPE edited photos no longer have the tags or keywords. Therefore I have to spend time re tagging the photos. My tags are more like keywords I can search on to find photos. Some examples maybe lions, zoo or otters, zoo. I tag the photos under Picassa. I can load into photoshop elements make edits and save as a new file with the tags still associated with the photo.

I totally agree! I use keywords/tags a lot with my photos, especially photos I take underwater while scuba diving - e.g. shark, coral, eel, etc. it is incredibly frustrating to lose all my tags if I clean up a photo using SPE. Please consider this feature!

Re: EXIF no longer preserved

Postby gary » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:11 pm

We are considering this and hope to include it in a future update.

Return to Bugs