slow saving process

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

slow saving process

Postby TarynLenon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:44 am

Why does it take forever to save an image? it use to run fast, now it super slow.... HELP

Site Admin

Re: slow saving process

Postby admin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 am

How long it takes to save an image depends on how complicated the effects are you apply to it. Some of the noise reduction effects do take a long time to process because they are very complex. My guess is that you are recently using one of the slower effects.

Tony

Postby Strawberrycrush » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:43 pm

I have the same problem...still. It will take forever to save and most of the time the program says its not responding and I'm forced to close the program down without saving my photo. I have a ton of photos due next week that I have to do light edit on, just no way to get it done when this does't work properly. I paid for this program...it should work right? Thank you

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:57 am

Hi Strawberrycrush,

A couple of things:

1. Make sure you are using the 64bit version if you can. (You can download versions at any time from: http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/licenses/)
2. Almost all effects save pretty quickly, the only ones we know about that can take a long time to save (especially with big pictures) are the denoising ones, especially the ones by a user Tom. Removing just that effect can speed up saving by a lot.
3. If you are not using a denoising (smoothing) effect but you are still having problems, could you open a support ticket here, and send them a session file (File>Save As Session), so they can take a look.

Kind regards

Tony

Postby Strawberrycrush » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks!

Postby Richard Briggs » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:59 am

I have experienced this from time to time. It's also not consistent in that the same effect combinations and settings may save quickly one day and take forever another. Because of this I have assumed it is a conflict with something else going on on my PC. Because it is occasional I live with it and have never investigated further.

Richard

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:40 am

There are a few things that can slow down landscapepro and computers in general. If you have another program taking up a large amount of memory, that can leave very little for SPE, which means it would have to keep swapping to disk, which can really slow it down. Check in the task manager to see if it's running low on memory or if something else is taking up a lot of CPU or disk resources.

Tony

Return to Bugs