JPG export rotates from final session file

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

JPG export rotates from final session file

Postby PeteC » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:50 am

First off I am brand new to the software and have been enjoying it so far after a coupl eof small but successful projects.

Today I worked on something similar to one of my success stories but this goes wrong.

I start with a portrait pic in my Photos collection when when i open it in SPE I need to rotate it. My final result will be square so I crop and adjust the base image.

I then do a few overlays, add some text, another overlay and a bit more text. Looks perfect. (in the .pe file I have been working with.)

I then save a jpg - at .25, .5 and full size and I tried TIFF too and the same thing happens. The original background image rotates clockwise an additional .25 turn like the original action I made to right the image. It also seems to lose the crop when it rotates again.

Any thoughts I can only post the bad export; the project seems too big.
Attachments
Dr John cover_606.jpg
final with background twisted.
Dr John cover_606.jpg (155.87 KiB) Viewed 5686 times

Re: JPG export rotates from final session file

Postby gary » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:30 pm

We have followed the steps you outlined but didn't see the problem. Could you send us the .pe file, or if it's really big use one of the free web sites for sending large files, or something like dropbox or google drive. You could post the link here or email it to support1234@anthropics.com and add a note it is for Gary.

thanks
Gary

Postby Bearach » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi Pete, I tried loading the _pe files and then saving as you described, but the background doesn't change.
Do you have any other examples of this? Can you send us the original images? Then I can try to recreate this step by step.

Postby PeteC » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:36 pm

I have tried several times here to recreate the problem as well and have no thad any luck. My main file still does this and I still cannot save a jpg of the image I want with out this happening.

If your file is working and you can export/save a proper jpg can you send me that version back tome so I can see if it works for me too?

Also, can you tell me, when I am in the composite tool; how do I move layers I have added an edited up an ddown in the stack?

Thank you for your help. I am enjoying using Smart Photo Editor.

Postby Bearach » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:45 am

Dr John cover_pe.jpg
Dr John cover_pe.jpg (306.95 KiB) Viewed 5635 times
Here's the output I got from your pe file, is this correct?
I did manage to recreate the bug with another set of images, so we can work on a fix now. Hopefully it will be taken care of in an upcoming release.
Dr John cover_pe.jpg
Dr John cover_pe.jpg (306.95 KiB) Viewed 5635 times

Postby PeteC » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:49 am

Yep, tha tis what it should look like, thanks for the image.

I'm glad you were eventually able to reproduce the bug.

Thanks for your help.

-Pete

Return to Bugs