Print function not available

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Print function not available

Postby Peter19 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Hi

I am using SPE on a 64 bit PC and it does not have the PRINT option in the File menu despite the help saying it should be there?

Anyone got any ideas, the software is no use to me if I cannot print from it and it will be back to Photoshop.

Many thanks in advance

Re: Print function not available

Postby Arwin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:47 pm

SPE is an editor not a print program.
To print your photos, use the standard print options that comes with Windows or Mac (altough I dont use a mac, I guess there is one in ;)) or use software that is designed to print.

I guess they have removed the print option in the menu as there where a lot of questions about it in the past and it just opened the standart OS print capabilities.

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby Peter19 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:43 pm

If that is the case, the software will not do what I need so will be requesting a refund

Postby eadams » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:17 am

The print option is available when you use SPE as a standalone program.

If you use SPE as a plugin, the option is not there because it is expected that you return to the host program and print it from there. This is normal plugin behavior.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:04 am

Hi Peter,

Apologies for our confusion. It seems like the print function was accidentally removed. We are working on a fix and will release a new version as soon as we can.

Tony

Postby eadams » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:20 pm

admin wrote:Hi Peter,

Apologies for our confusion. It seems like the print function was accidentally removed. We are working on a fix and will release a new version as soon as we can.

Tony

Is there a new version of SPE that I don't have? I am using V 1.20.6, and I have a print menu.

Postby Arwin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:42 pm

There is an v1.21.13 Eve, Menu: Help > Check for updates did the trick for me ;)

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Return to Bugs