colour change when opened in other software

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

colour change when opened in other software

Postby Sorsha » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi, i am on an iMac late 2013 with every software,and my iMac set to RSGB. When i save a photo with effects to desktop as jpg, i view it with Preview software and everything is fine. As soon as i put the saved photo into elements 12 or perfect photo suite 9 to fine tune, the colour totally changes. mainly too much vibrance. But it takes me an absolute age to try and match the original effect i had from smart photo editor. :( This only happens with photos edited with smart photo..i jump around with saved files all the time between elements 12 and perfect photo suite with no changes. Any idea what is going wrong please?

Re: colour change when opened in other software

Postby gary » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:25 am

I assume you mean SRGB rather than RSGB. In that case, this is very odd as even a colour unmanaged program shouldn't show large differences compared to colour managed ones, and Smart Photo Editor is colour managed and so should display colours looking the same as other programs that also are. Could you tell me your colour management settings in Smart Photo Editor in Preferences?

Postby Sorsha » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:12 am

Hi gary, Yes sorry it is SRGB......my colour settings in smart photo are ....enable colour management is ticked, high performance display is ticked, and the bottom one is clicked and highlighted, sRGB IEC61966-2-1 withBPC. I'm not sure what the withBPC is, but the rest is the same as what i have my iMac display as.
i'm not sure how to upload the photos here so you can't see the difference. But i did a photo yesterday, and spent ages getting the colours just right. it was mainly a brown colour. it saved and previewed fine. but put into perfect studio or elements (both looked the same) the brown was a deep orange and it had lost it's highlights,they were very dull. But the highlights were a main part of the original effect.

thank you for any help :)

Postby gary » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Could you send the picture to me, using any of the free web services for sending large files, e.g. https://www.transferbigfiles.com/

Could you post the URL here, or send me a private message, or email support1234@anthropics.com but say in the message that it is for Gary.

thanks,
Gary

Postby Sorsha » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:12 pm

thank you for the fast reply Gary..i used the link you gave me and have sent 3 copies of the photo. Funnily enough though, the elements one looks ok once it was uploaded. Previewing on my desktop it looks like the one saved from perfect studio (very orange). Perfect studio is the one i use most out of the two as i use the batch edit to watermark and put a logo on the photos.

thanks again :)

Postby Sorsha » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:18 pm

also i'm not sure if these links will take you straight to them.

http://tbf.me/a/Br0ImM

https://www.transferbigfiles.com/e7640d ... bgssE2X0Q2

one of them might work, i'm not sure how the site works

Return to Bugs