Frustrated ... is this program stable?

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Frustrated ... is this program stable?

Postby Wolverine » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:20 am

I really like what this piece of software has to offer. But, it simply will not run without crashing. It can't even load properly. At start up I get "ZRawLoader executible encountered a problem". When I open a new file the message pops up. Sometimes the file loads and at other times the program completely shuts down.

If I get an image to load and click on the effects gallery button it crashes every time. A few days ago I was able to actually edit two images successfully. The only way it would not crash when I selected the effects button was to create a mask first. Today, I can't even do that without it crashing. I just spent 1/2 hour doing a mask and it crashed before I was finished with that. The auto save didn't work so lost that time plus the last 20 minutes trying to get it to load. The longest it has been able to run has been probably an hour max before shutting down.

Is it just my installation or is this program really unstable and buggy as I've experienced thus far? Anyone have tips that they've come across that might help? Thank you in advance.

Re: Frustrated ... is this program stable?

Postby Wolverine » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:53 am

In attempt to get this program to work I uninstalled SPE and then reinstalled it. Thinking that their may be a conflict with virus protection software, I turn it off to standby. I am able to quickly mask the area of the image, for a third time tonight, only to have it crash when I selected an effect to apply to it.

I am using v1.19.29 with Win98 SP3.

Still frustrated and disappointed . . .

Postby DBenterprises » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:24 pm

You are using Win98??? That doesn't even meet minimum requirements.

OS Windows - Requires Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, or XP.

What's your processor and how much memory (RAM) do you have?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi Wolverine,

It might be that you just don't have a modern enough computer I'm afraid. We don't officially support windows 98, although you might be able to get it to work if you had enough ram (>2GB) and a reasonably specified CPU (> 1GHZ). Our minimum specifications can be found here.

Tony

Return to Bugs