Bld 1.2.3. Save As Dialog Not saving as .Tif

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Bld 1.2.3. Save As Dialog Not saving as .Tif

Postby MusicLaw » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Build 1.2.3 running on Win XP Pro SP3.

SPE's Save as Jpef/Tiff is not working properly. When selecting Tiff from the OS's dialog's drop down field for format, the file gets saved as a jpg!! There is no way to now save as a Tif.

SPE needs to (and should) intercept the OS Save As dialog with it's own dialog to provide more obvious format choice selection and all the appropriate configuration options for the each format. For Jpg: Quality, resolution, etc. For Tiff: 8 bit or 16 bit, etc.

Also the OS Save As dialog's format drop down field may not obvious enough for most users.

Site Admin

Re: Bld 1.2.3. Save As Dialog Not saving as .Tif

Postby admin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:38 pm

We can't reproduce your problem here, although I think I might know what is happening. Like Photoshop, PE was considering saves to formats that don't contain all the data you are currently working with as 'exporting', i.e. not a full save, and hence didn't update the titlebar of the application. (e.g. if you save a photoshop file with layers as a jpg which doesn't support layers, the title of the application doesn't change). This might lead you to believe that files are not being saved, but if you look on disk they are. I've changed this to always show the last save in the titlebar from now on, which is how Portrait Professional does it, and is simpler at the expense of not indicating when the non-destructive part of your change has been saved.

Let me know if the next version makes more sense.

Re: Bld 1.2.3. Save As Dialog Not saving as .Tif

Postby MusicLaw » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Will advise when I use the next build. And, yes, I was checking the Save As results by using the Windows Explorer File system viewer to examine the files written to the subdirectory. BTW, the code routines in the latest PP Studio v10 production release has all of these features working perfectly.

Return to Bugs