Cursor movement Bug

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Cursor movement Bug

Postby MusicLaw » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:55 pm

SPE Version 1.1.23 on Win XP Pro SP3
Cursor response resolution and speed bug.

SPE is changing the Cursor pointer's response every time SPE is launched or when the SPE program window has focus. Switching back to any other program concurrently running returns the cursor to its ordinary response while in that other program. Switching back to SPE reduces the cursor response once again.

By reduced response, the cursor's movement becomes very lethargic. I use a Logitech Cordless Trackman Marble. It is standard Windows device and responds to all other programs normally. Not so with SPE. The marble must be rotated to a far greater extent to get the cursor to move. The acceleration and sensitivity "feel" reduced when in SPE. I have not yet viewed the Logitech settings app while in SPE.

Site Admin

Re: Cursor movement Bug

Postby admin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:31 am

My guess would be that it would be a per application setting within the logitech software that causes this. I wouldn't be able to guess why it happens within SPE, but it's worth looking at their settings app. We don't do anything special for trackballs. Presumably the mouse is unaffected?

Re: Cursor movement Bug

Postby MusicLaw » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:20 pm

The Logitech Trackman Marble is the sole pointing device on the system. In every other program I run on the system and that is a very diverse list of pgms, the Trackman responds normally. The abnormality only presents when SPE is running. The abnormality does not occur in Portrait Professional Studio v10.

Return to Bugs