NOW WORSE THAN EVER

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

NOW WORSE THAN EVER

Postby Moonbeam1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:15 pm

I recently updated my MAC OS to the latest version so I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem or not but the freezing and crashing is the worst it has been since I bought this program. I contacted support before upgrading the OS and they were less than helpful. Basically they said Apple does not release OS information/data prior to distribution so they didn't know if there would be issues. (I find this to be very strange if that is the case.)

I started out tonight working on a .NEF file, rather large, 27MB. I was able to perform the erase functions with no apparent problems. When I started to try to work with the effects gallery however the problems began. The effects gallery will not load at ALL. The beach ball of death just kept on going. I tried at least 10 times to access the effects gallery at all. So I thought maybe the file is too big and have saved the file in .TIFF in a smaller size, just under 4MB. This didn't help. So then I saved a version in .jpg and this didn't help.

I have read about deleting a couple of directories or something and I don't understand the process. I am on a MAC and that suggestion sounds like Windows?

I tried to restart my computer and that didn't help. I can't figure out what to do next and I need this issue resolved asap due to the time frame for the project. Is there anyone that can help me please.

Site Admin

Re: NOW WORSE THAN EVER

Postby admin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:15 am

Hi Phoebe,

Yes, it's the new Mac OS (Maverics) that has caused the recent problems. We are busy working on a fix for it. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Tony

Postby Moonbeam1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:44 am

Drat, I was afraid of this being the answer. I know that you don't have an exact answer as to when but do you have ANY time frame? This is a critical situation, I have a client depending on me and I might have to give up the project now or possibly purchase a different program.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:01 pm

I'm really sorry, but when things that were working suddenly go wrong, it's the worst kind of thing for us to fix, especially when it's in software we don't control like the OS, so I'm afraid I can't give a precise time frame. Perhaps sometime next week. There's a few things you could try:

You could try exiting the software, deleting this directory then trying again:
/Users/YOUR USER NAME/Documents/PhotoEditor/global

Although we've found several problems with Maverics, the gallery does work ok for us, so the gallery problem might be a different issue.

Alternatively, if you could borrow a PC or Mac without Maverics on it, I could give you a new token for another install.

Really sorry I can't be of more help.

Tony

Return to Bugs