Cannot save - crashes every time!

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Cannot save - crashes every time!

Postby kentlass » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:22 am

Still playing with this so it is possible I am not doing something right :? but every time I try to save a copy of the picture it crashes. I have tried at least twenty times with the same result! I play with the effects, find one I like, click apply and then go to save as - save as JPEG. A little circle containing black and white triangles comes up and there is a faint bit that says rendering, stays there for one to two minutes .......... and then crashes!

Any advice?

Site Admin

Re: Cannot save - crashes every time!

Postby admin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:35 am

The software should never crash, whatever you do, so let's try and fix it. What type of file are you loading, is it a raw file? Is the file very big?

Tony

Postby kentlass » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:55 am

Thank you! No it was a JPEG - 10.1 Mb. I had taken it in RAW but had already worked on it and converted it to a JPEG a while ago it was just a handy image to play with. I have tried two separate photos and had the same problem with both of them.

I put a support ticket in as well with a copy of the 'report' that appears after it crashes.

I shall resize the image and see if that helps. I had read though that it is possible to work on a RAW file.

I shall check back and see if you have any other suggestions as I seem to have forgotten my password for the support ticket already! :oops:

Postby kentlass » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Quick update.

I have managed to save a couple of images but I still cannot save the two I had been "playing" with. It seems to be that if I have already done some work with them in Elements I cannot save if I then try to do anything to them in your software. The ones that have saved have all been Raw, untouched photos.

Postby jmckelley » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:23 am

well this is discouraging. Here we are on 1/22/2012 and I just bought your program and have been using it this evening extensively and it is buggy. I am on Windows 7 home edition running 6gb of RAM and had nothing else opened except for Itunes and had several crashes. Mostly when trying to save but there have been more than a few times already that it has held me up and started slowing down.

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 am

Hi jmckelley, can you please open a support ticket at the link below with as much information about the issue you're experiencing as possible. I can assure that we'll then diagnose and fix the problem for you as soon as we can.

Smart Photo Editor Support system

Postby jmckelley » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:54 pm

I'd love to open a trouble ticket and help you guys out but....Your link does not recognize me as a user and tells me that my user name is not valid??? :x

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:07 am

The support ticket system is separate from the Photo Editor users, so I'm afraid you'll have to create a new user for the ticket system. Obviously this wasn't obvious, so we're thinking of ways to try and improve this!

Tony

Postby jmckelley » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Tony or Admin,

Is there an email address that I may email you at? I'd like to talk to you regarding the program. I am still having issues with it 2 times out of 5. I just tried to close it down and it would not let me select the close option. I had to enter my task manager to shut it off. :?:

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:53 am

Hi jmckelley,

If you're having trouble with our support ticket system you can also obtain support via e-mail by sending a mail to support1234@anthropics.com.

Next

Return to Bugs