Crushing When Using Effects Gallery!!!

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Re: Crushing When Using Effects Gallery!!!

Postby Moonbeam1 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Hmm. So now I have both versions of the software on my computer, I think. Can't get explicit answer on this and I have been speaking with the tech group about this. Sooo, now the program has crashed which it isn't supposed to in the new one which again I'm not sure is the one I'm operating. I hadn't even gotten into the effects gallery at the point of crash. All I did was load an original picture, select area treatment and try to open effects gallery which may have been the wrong order of steps but still shouldn't have caused crash. Now what?

Postby Vangelisz » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi Phoebe,

If you are still having problems with the Effects Gallery, could you please go to Documents\PhotoEditor , and delete the "global" and "images" folders? After you re-launch the software it will automatically re-download the community effects.

Regards,
Vangelisz

Postby Moonbeam1 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Hate to report this but it just happened again! And this is after downloading the beta version which I assume I am using having just re-downloaded it an installed it this morning. So far I am making do, but it is a bit of a disappointment :(

Sorry SPE people, it just keeps goes down willy nilly. Can't ascribe to just one action. I really think it has to do with just way too many actions in a row confusing it, but as previously mentioned by your company it shouldn't happen at all. I'm going to keep using because I can at least get work done even if it's inconvenient. Still worth the money but since I paid for it it shouldn't keep crashing.

Regards,
Phoebe

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:57 am

Hi Pheobe,

Really sorry you're still having problems. It sounds like we're getting closer to the problem. From all I've heard, it sounds like it only happens when you are doing a lot to an image, so we're investigating that. I don't suppose you know how large your images are in pixels? One option we are considering is making a 64 bit version, for people working on large images.

One way round it for now, is after doing some work on a picture, you could save it as a jpeg or a tiff, then load that back in again and continue from there.

Regards,

Tony

Postby Redfordl2003 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:11 pm

i thought the photo editor software was for those with windows 64bit which i have. If not,maybe this is my crash problem when using the effects gallery.

Postby Moonbeam1 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:46 pm

How do I discern which bit number of the software I installed in my MacBook Pro? Or is this something that needs to be determined to figure out why the software keeps crashing? (See newer posts I made in the ERASE forum today regarding mini gallery issue.)

Phoebe

Postby Redfordl2003 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Redfordl2003 wrote:i thought the photo editor software was for those with windows 64bit which i have. If not,maybe this is my crash problem when using the effects gallery.

tony, just curious what bug etc. does the new v .21 update do or what additions does it make to software? Thanks!!

Postby Moonbeam1 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Another bug? When trying to use effects from the gallery that feature the ability to rotate the effect, that effect will not load. This happens with ANY of these types of effect. Thoughts please.

Phoebe

Postby Arwin » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:46 pm

The rotate ability in an effect that Phoebe mentioned, works well at my side, no problem at all.
Which effect did you use Phoebe? I used 'Stained glass' which give no problems.

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby Moonbeam1 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi Arwin,

I wish I could be more specific for you as to which one. It isn't any particular ONE, it's ANY of them. I wish I could name some for you. I am searching through the EFFECTS gallery clicking on any effect that might work and the regular ones show result. When I do click on one that has the ability to change positions, nothing happens except for the small gallery pic changing position. If I want to select that particular effect to see how it looks applied to the image, nothing happens. It will not go to big pic like the others do. Does that make sense?

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs