Crushing When Using Effects Gallery!!!

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Re: Crushing When Using Effects Gallery!!!

Postby Redfordl2003 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:43 pm

vangelisz, i am a computer stupie and don:t know where to find the orig. file and the session file. I tried the black background myself around an image of a turtle and it worked fine no crashes. The system did crash on another effect(app crash). So it appears to happen randomly when working on any image and not specific to any effect. hope this helps.

Postby Vangelisz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:57 am

Hi Redfordl2003,

Thanks for the information.
The original file is the image you are trying to enhance, and you can simply save a session file by going to File -> Save as Session... (this will create a file with .pe extension). Can you mail me these files to support1234@anthropics.com ?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vangelisz

Postby simonmaxx » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:33 am

Hello everyone I have been using Smart Photo Editor for a few years now and I have been doing how to videos on how to use the software...but now I'm having issues that it crashes all the time on me after like adding 3 effects.....I have noticed that I did not have this issue before some new effects were added starting from page 8 I think the persons name is Irwin..he has added alot of effects that are animated and they are crashing my iMac. I can't tell you how many pages he has done, as I can't get pass page 8 without force quit the program.....Smart Photo Editor I have been a fan of you for a long time..but if you don't remove these effects...and get it working again I will leave this program and make a video on how it crashes all the time now...I'm a photographer and I use this software all the time. You have added or let people add effects that I will never use and do noting for the photo..You need to be a bit picky on what you let someone load to the site as an effect. I am not a happy customer right now....

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:33 am

Hi Simon,

We're just testing a release that fixes a crash with some of AndrewB's latest effects, which should be out soon. If you'd like we can send you a beta version to see if it fixes it for you. If it doesn't then we'd like to know more information, because an effect should never be able to crash the software.

Tony

Postby Redfordl2003 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Simon, I have had the same problem as you with my software crashing after using a few effects. But i have never added any effects for the effects gallery. I am just a disgruntled user as yourself as the software crashes at random when using effects. Let me know how you make out with the fix that tony has proposed.

Postby Moonbeam1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Just purchased this software and LOVE the possibilities. However, it keeps crashing on me. I have read some of the posts about some of the steps to take to remedy the problems but most are over my head. I'm afraid at this point to delete any files because I don't know if they are the files I should be deleting for my situation. I see that people have been asked to recreate the steps prior to crashing but I am just experimenting at this point and wouldn't be able to tell you all the things I have been doing except for the following:

I have been trying to find just the right effect for sharpening the face of a subject that in the original is all red. In doing this I have come across many effects that might help so I am applying them. If one doesn't do what I want I am trying another. Is it possible that I am confusing the program with all these different choices? Also, because I am having difficulty comparing the before and after selections, as described in another recent post I made, I keep ending up back at the original pic and trying again. CRASH.

I am on a MacBook Pro running version 10.7.5
I have crash reports that I can send to APPLE and have already submitted one although I have had numerous crashes.

Please advise and Thanks.

Postby simonmaxx » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:30 am

admin wrote:Hi Simon,

We're just testing a release that fixes a crash with some of AndrewB's latest effects, which should be out soon. If you'd like we can send you a beta version to see if it fixes it for you. If it doesn't then we'd like to know more information, because an effect should never be able to crash the software.

Tony

Hi Tony at this time I would like to try it..but just to let you know that I do not want to lose my software for Smart Photo due to my key # when I bought the program was in my old computer and don't have it......There must be an issue here if it's crashing for almost everyone I see using it......

Postby simonmaxx » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:32 am

Redfordl2003 wrote:Simon, I have had the same problem as you with my software crashing after using a few effects. But i have never added any effects for the effects gallery. I am just a disgruntled user as yourself as the software crashes at random when using effects. Let me know how you make out with the fix that tony has proposed.

I will let you know as soon as I have the beta one and try it....

Postby Moonbeam1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:18 am

I don't mind trying it. Sed it over.

Thx

Postby Vangelisz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 am

Hi,

I have sent you a PM, including the download link.
Please let us know if you are still experiencing problems.

Thanks,
Vangelisz

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs