Crushing When Using Effects Gallery!!!

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Crushing When Using Effects Gallery!!!

Postby BeeMarStudio » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:13 am

I have used my effects gallery before and has worked absolutely fine. However recent attempts to use it more have resulted in annoying crashes. Would you know what I may need to do to remedy this anomaly. By the way this happens when I try to work on an already saved project which has been reimported. Thank you.

Site Admin

Re: Crushing When Using Effects Gallery!!!

Postby admin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:34 am

Hi BeeMarStudio,

It sounds like your gallery might have become corrupted. To see if that's the case try deleing the following directories and running the software again (it will automatically reload the gallery):

/Users/YOUR USER NAME/Documents/PhotoEditor/global
/Users/YOUR USER NAME/Documents/PhotoEditor/images

Tony

Postby Redfordl2003 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Beermerstudio, can you let the community know wheather the fix by tony for the crashing problem in the effects gallery has worked out for you. I seem to be having the same problem. Thanks

Postby BeeMarStudio » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi Tony.

Did exactly what you said and guess what, Problem Solved!!! I am happiest. Many thanks for the help. No more CRUSHES. And to Redfordl2003 experiencing similar problems please follow Tony's instructions above. They have worked for me. Goodluck!!!

Postby Redfordl2003 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:35 pm

Tony and beemar studio have tried tony"s fix on program crashing deleting global and image folders,but it did not work. When choosing the particular effects, I selected three effects without any problem but when i went to a fourth effect black background and clicked on it i got the usual error message that the program has stopped working. The detail of the stoppage is that it was an app crash, app smart photo editor.exe, app version 1.19.18 0. Tony, i love the program but i am getting very frustrated with these constant crashes when working with the effects gallery. What is the solution for this problem.. I just downloaded topaz adjust software the other day and i have no problems when choosing a preset effect for an image. I am not a computer programmer so i do not know whats going on. Thanks for your help tony and lets see if we can correct this problem. I just love the effects produced by your program.

Postby Vangelisz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Redford2003,

We will try to reproduce this crashing in the office, but we'll need a bit more information.
Could you tell me the exact name of the effects you are using? How much RAM do you have in your computer? Whas OS are you using?

Thanks,
Vangelisz

Postby Redfordl2003 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:40 pm

vangelisz, yes with success i had no problems when i used the following effects for an image:mediterranean sunset,radial vintage,nightscape border,but when i switched or clicked to black background i had this crash or freezeup. I am using os windows 7 hp with 6gb dram memory. I have 33gb of hard drive mem.left to use and i have another hard drive with 850gb mem left. If you have any other queries about my system, please let me know. Thanks!!

Postby Vangelisz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi Redford2003,

Does the software crash when you try to use the fourth effect only?

Regards,
Vangelisz

Postby Redfordl2003 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Yes, the first three effects for this image were used without any crashing problems. But when i used the fourth effect called black background the software crashed.

Postby Vangelisz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm still unable to reproduce it. Could you e-mail me the file you are using? The original one, and a session file as well (please repeat every step you did before except applying the black background effect, and save it as a session). The e-mail address is support1234@anthropics.com (if these files are too big you can use transferbigfiles.com to send them).
Thank you.

Vangelisz

Next

Return to Bugs