Short List

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Short List

Postby autahchic » Fri May 13, 2011 3:59 am

I have trouble with the shortlist. It has to be re-set each time I log back in, I can't seem to save it. It would be really nice if this were set until you changed it, not loosing all your favs every time you logged out. :cry:

Site Admin

Re: Short List

Postby admin » Fri May 13, 2011 10:30 am

Yes, we are planning to make the shortlist more persistant. We also have a favorites system that allows you to keep your favorite effects at all times even after closing the software. To add an effect to your favorite list, click on the favorite star in the Effect Controls. It will then turn up in the favorites list on the home screen, "Edit Photo" drop down.

Postby MKvip Beauty » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:07 am

uh uh, just fell into this trap, too! Looked through maybe half of all effects and put around 30 to my shortlist - and they were gone next time I started the application! A warning would have been nice - just lost over an hour of work that way :-(

Favourite effects is a nice feature, but the effects are only shown in text form unless I'm missing something. I would like to fastscan my pict with my favs applied and decide which effect fits best for my picture - currently no dice :-(

But otherwise it's a real nice application, just bought it after checking out the free trial :-)
Keep up the good work!

merry x-mas 2 everybody!
mike

Postby MKvip Beauty » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:49 am

..and btw: the Fav Effects list isn't updated until the next restart...

Postby Minotaurus007 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Another trap:
as soon as you click on a Mask Area Button to edit an effect all your work collected in a Short List is gone without warning.

-Mino

Postby Tony » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I'm pleased this is getting discussion, as finding out what annoys users is how we can improve the software. To address the points one at a time:

Currently, when you confirm or mask area on an effect, the shortlist is moved into the Favorites menu, where you can quickly apply them, but not browse them.

You can make them browsable by clicking on Manage Effects in the shortlist menu and moving them into favorites. If you have any effects in favorites, a new option appears in the gallery (under refine your search), to browse your favorite effects. I could make it so that there's a 'recent' gallery as well, so you could browse recently applied effects as well without having to move them into favorites first.

I presume what you really want is for the shortlist to be persistant. Would you want it to be persistant between different images/different times you loaded the software or just for each image you worked on?

I checked and the shortlist is updated after the gallery is closed, you don't need to restart the software. Is that what you meant?

Tony

Postby Minotaurus007 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

I think the shortlist applies to the picture you are actually working on.
The shortlist therefore has nothing to do with favorites.

Favorites can grow to hundreds, while a shortlist may be 10 to 40 versions of the same picture.
Once you are done with working on a picture, this shortlist should be a batch for an output like:
Save all versions of the picture to a specified folder with some formatting (TIFF; JPG) and a special name: PATH/PicName_Effect.JPG

Of course, it would then be nice to transfer these effects automatically to the favorites.

A remark to favorites: this list grows so fast, that it is nearly useless in my eyes. Maybe a better solution would be to add a number to the effects: the number how often a special effect has been applied by the user. Then simply sort them: often used effects are presented first in the gallery. Just like you can select effects by theme (portrait etc.) we could select them by personal preference, given this personal ranking.

-Mino

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:40 am

Hi Mino,

Re: what you said about favorites, that's actually very close to the algorithm used for the recent effects, it tries to put near the top ones that you've either recently and/or frequently, so ones you've used a lot will come at the top. I'll take a look to see if that's also how the favorites work and if not, I can modify the favorites list so it works similarly.

Tony

Postby Minotaurus007 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Meanwhile I love the software even more. However it is a pain to use it. I found the short list to save the versions I find attractive.

But how could I batch-output all these versions?
I'd like to see something like:
Short List > Save => Image.jpg Image_SPE1186-ImageEffect.jpg
This saves the images and appends the applied effect to the filename.
To save some 30 or 50 files by hand is not very handy.

Even worse: the short list is being destroyed the moment I try to save one version. And no, only a small part of the short list can be found under favorites. Maybe I still have not found how to secure the list from being deleted.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:25 am

Hi Minotaur,

You're right, up to only 20 items from your shortlist get displayed in the recent list. However, if you click on the manage button (in some versions a "<") you should see all the items. You can then drag them onto your favorites, which doesn't have a limit.

Tony

Return to Bugs