Unwanted Color Saturation When Using Black Border

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Unwanted Color Saturation When Using Black Border

Postby dcraig1007 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:54 am

I use the Black Border effect quite a lot for photos going on my website. I typically use the Black Border with the Padded Area reduced to "0" or nearly so. I have noticed that there is unwanted color saturation in the final image, especially with the family of green colors. I am using a Nikon D70 and a Nikon D700. The unwanted saturation seems to be more pronounced on images taken with the D70. The D70 produces images roughly half the size (6Mp) of images taken with the D700 (12Mp). Have you had any other feedback regarding this "feature?" Am I doing something wrong? Any insight or information you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Doug Craig

Site Admin

Re: Unwanted Color Saturation When Using Black Border

Postby admin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:26 am

Hi Doug,

I've checked both black border effects and neither of them do anything to the pixels apart from adding the border. What you are seeing is either to do with the way your web browser displays images or something to do with color profiles. To check this, see if you see the same effect if you just load a picture then save it directly out again. Let me know what you see.

Tony

Re: Unwanted Color Saturation When Using Black Border

Postby dcraig1007 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks so much, Tony. Will try your suggestion and let you know what happens.

Return to Bugs