Colors removed upon saving Funky Color Effect

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Colors removed upon saving Funky Color Effect

Postby ClydeCo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:56 am

I am able to save dozens of effects just fine. Doesn't crash or act buggy. But, on two similar effects the output is not showing any of the "funky" colors. It is basically just showing the green tones. So I am looking at a very cool effect with many different colors and then when I save it as a JPG or TIFF it only shows just a green "channel". I am frutrated and do so like the "Funky Color" and "Vibrance HDR filter" Couldn't find any threads that sounded like this problem. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Re: Colors removed upon saving Funky Color Effect

Postby Arwin » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:21 pm

As a none official reply I can say its working correct on my side with both effects. Are you using the mac or pc version?
You can try to uncheck the 'High Performance Display' setting in the color tab of settings (can be different when using mac) and save again to see if that fix the problem. (See image below)

I tried with and without the 'High Performance Display' setting and worked well both times but I know there is a minor bug in this setting that can alter colors, they will fix it in the future release soon.

Arwin
Attachments
High Performance Display.jpg
High Performance Display.jpg (112.25 KiB) Viewed 6283 times
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Postby ClydeCo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:13 am

Thank you for the reply. Did not work for me. I am am on Mac 10.6.8. I tried masking/selecting the whole thing and it did save it once for me. Unfortunately it was too low of quality for the print I want. I tried it again and no luck. I tried some other settings with the color, no luck. HERE IS WHAT IS INTERSTING: When I unclicked the "load 16bit images as 8bit and then go back to 16bit when exporting etc." box and went back to recreate the Effect. The result was the same green tinged, monochrome, (duo chrome), mess that I was getting upon exporting. So, another way to say it is that the same problem occurs when I have that box checked and export or if I have that box unchecked and just try to use those two effects previously mentioned. I hope this helps us.

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi ClydeCo,

Many thanks for the investigation you've both done into this. We are aware of a colour profiles bug when 'high performance display' is enabled but it looks like you have run into something different though related perhaps. I'll pass this on to our team and see what we can do.

Many thanks,

])arren.

Postby ClydeCo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:01 pm

You are welcome. I just wanted to add that I used PhotoShop to convert RAW (Cannon) file to 8bit and then used SPE and the effects worked fine. (Although the effect looked a bit different)

Postby Arwin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:22 pm

I see some sort of relation ;)
I too work with Canon Raw, did the raw conversion in PhotoShop when stumbled upon the colour profiles bug ('high performance display') when edited the photo in SPE.

Arwin
Check my Instagram if you have time, dedicated to my edits done in Smart Photo Editor!
Feel free to follow ;)

Site Admin

Postby darrenp » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:04 am

Thanks to both of you for the clarification. Will get back to you.

])arren.

Return to Bugs