Crash after using Auto in Area Selection

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Crash after using Auto in Area Selection

Postby Phelon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:25 pm

I like to replace or enhance my skies using 2 ways to do it. The crash comes after using the Area Treatment tool, painting the sky, deciding I want more enhancement then what the Temperature and Tint sliders give me (plus maybe another slider), and clicking on AUTO (that brings up a Window to choose which type of Subject Area--I choose SKY, of course, then go Effects Gallery, and choose "sky" in the Effects Window. Everything is OK to here and a little beyond. The Effects Gallery gives me a choice of different replacement skies, and I will choose one. Now here is where it will crash. When I choose a replacement sky, there is the masking window shown with it in the TAB section. It is here where I will want to clean up the mask, so when I select the masking tab--IT CRASHES.

To get around this I use the recovery file and SAVE now as a SESSION. Then quit the program and reopen the Session file. THEN I can select the masking tab and clean up the mask. Then I can save my file without crashing. I've been doing this for some time, but I don't wait anymore for my file to crash--I just save as a session after choosing a replacement shy, close the program, start up again with the saved session, and then I can save.

You might ask "why don't I just go to Select Area tool below the Effects Gallery and choose Sky to begin with. The answer is I many times find using the Area Treatment Brushes I can enhance the sky after painting very satisfactorily (it gives me that extra option, rather then going straight to Selection Area).

I recently posted two pictures showing how to enhance one's skies this way.

Anyway, this crashing could be fixed. Thanks for a great program!

Phelon

Site Admin

Re: Crash after using Auto in Area Selection

Postby admin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 am

Hi Phelon,

You're on a Mac, is that right? There is an occasional bug in the area select tool that's been fixed for the next version, which is in testing currently. This might fix your problem. After the next version is released, which hopefully should be soon, let me know if it's still happening.

Tony

Return to Bugs