Crashes with "Access is denied" error

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.
Site Admin

Re: Crashes with "Access is denied" error

Postby admin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 am

Hi everyone,

We've decided instead of releasing another beta, we're giving everyone the full version now (which is the same as the updated beta, but without the timeout, so I presume no-one will mind about our change of plan. :) ). You will be recieving an email over the next week or so letting you know how to get the full version.

Tony

Postby nobrakes » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi
I have the same error access is denied and it`s really annoying !! I cannot save after I apply an effect.I am using win 7 ultimate 32 bit 4 gig ram and full version of smart photo editor any help will be greattt! :cry:
Update seems that the problem is with win 7 only please admin take note and please find a remedy !

ArjunAnthroQA

Postby ArjunAnthroQA » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:59 am

Hi nobrakes, can you please open a support ticket at the link below with as much information about the issue you're experiencing as possible. I can assure that we'll then diagnose and fix the problem for you as soon as we can.

Smart Photo Editor Support system

You will have to create a login as our support system is separate to this forum.

Postby nobrakes » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi

I found a solution to the access denied error on my machine so I wanted to share .I am using avast as an antivirus and it has and option open in sandbox and this is the cure opening smart photo editor in sandbox works and saves correctly after you apply an effect

Regards
Chris

Postby ether » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi
I have been having this problem all along with my machine running win 7 64bit
so i just loaded v1.9.2 but get the same dam thing :cry: :cry:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
my error message
Capture.JPG (18.92 KiB) Viewed 6534 times

Postby wycowpatty » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:38 pm

I, too, am having this crash issue. I also lose my shortlist along the way, and I have attempted to use the Favorites feature, but it does not store them past the current session. It mentions clicking on the stars in the gallery, but I don't see any stars. One other thing is the lack of crop dimensions. Freestyle cropping is not always desirable and even that doesn't work well if you can't see any measurements, so that added feature would be really great!

I think this editor rocks when it works, but these frequent issues have me wasting far too much time. I may need to request a refund if the crash issue can't be resolved soon. I did install the latest update today but that did not help.

Thanks for your efforts.
Patty

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:35 am

Hi there,

The easiest way to fix most problems is to uninstall and reinstall the software. You can always find links to download the installer again from the licenses page (http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/licenses/).

To enable the stars in the gallery, you need to go into the Settings dialog from the file menu and turn on "Show ratings". The shortlist does get cleared when you change the search. When you apply an effect the current shortlist gets copied into the recent effects.

I've implemented the ability to fix the aspect ratio when cropping and that's currently in testing. Is that what you had in mind?

Tony

Postby wycowpatty » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks for your help...I did a complete reinstall and have tested the system a few times since, but I'm getting the same error and much more often now. :(

The Favorite stars are working now - thank you!
And I look forward to your new aspect ratio! :)

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi wycowpatty,

Could you try uninstalling then deleting the Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\PhotoEditor directory before installing again? I think the problem is possibly to do with installing the software as one user then using it as another. If you have several user on your computer, try installing it as the one you are going to use the software as.

Tony

Postby wildstarfish » Tue May 01, 2012 4:34 pm

I am having the same access is denied error for whatever reason. I am new to smart photo editor and love it but am getting quickly frustrated since it happens on like every other photo for whatever reason.
ZWin32ErrorExceptionError)x00000005 with file 'C: (etc)

I have the most current version of this program.
please help.
thanks.
p

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs