Could not save a new effect

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Could not save a new effect

Postby Phelon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:21 am

Tried twice to save a new effect (to me) called "Image games 001". Looks like a nice effect--please help!

Phelon

PS Use Mac system

Site Admin

Re: Could not save a new effect

Postby admin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:40 am

Hi Phelon,

Are you saying that you applied "Image games 001" to your picture, but when you tried to save it, it crashed?

Tony

Postby Phelon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Tony,

Yes. On saving the effect after the program crashed, I was finally able to get around the crash in my usual way; that is, I save a Session file, and try, if possible, to say the file with the concerned effect. If it crashes again, I close the SPE program, then open it again, and open the saved Session file shown at the top of the files saved list on the left side of screen. From that saved session file, I then usually manage to get a saved TIFF or JPG file, as I was also able to do here.

I noticed the saved TIFF file was over 400mb. Unusually high I thought. The effect is rather nice and different, and I wanted to use it.

The method above that I use to get around crashes seems to work, but I can't say for sure it does 100% of the time.

Phelon

Postby Phelon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Correction:

I just noticed my saved file was only 36mb for this particular effect. Don't know what my brain was seeing before.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:32 am

Hi Phelon,

An unusual feature of this effect is it produces an output that is far larger than your original picture. The coloured version of your original picture you see at the bottom of the effect is the same size as the original, so the result is much bigger. If you're starting with a high res picture to begin with the output is going to be massive, which is possibly why it's close to running out of memory. If you saved a smaller version (still larger than your original), it would probably be more stable.

Tony

Return to Bugs