Extremely unstable

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

Extremely unstable

Postby jgodfrey » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:53 pm

I just spent about an hour playing with SPE. Unfortunately, at least on my system, it seems extremely unstable. Generally, I can only apply between 1 and 3 effects before the application crashes. Also, the crashes are very unpredictable. Starting the application from scratch, loading the same photo, and applying the same single effect - sometimes things work correctly, sometimes the application immediately crashes. Also, once I was finally able to apply the two effects I was after (after about 8 crashes), I saved the resulting JPG file. The save process hour-glassed for nearly a minute, but the photo was finally successfully saved.

My hardware is very clean and otherwise very stable (Win 7 - 32 bit)

Jeff

Site Admin

Re: Extremely unstable

Postby admin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your patience with the software! We have been working hard to improve the stability. We should have a new release out soon with a lot of fixes in it for you to try.

Tony

Postby maveez » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:58 am

I am having the same issue. Running on a Mac, it has been crashing at random times, but, I it is very likely to crash when I choose "artistic", that has been pretty consistent.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:20 am

Which version are you using?

Postby Frederick_P » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:26 pm

maveez wrote:I am having the same issue. Running on a Mac, it has been crashing at random times, but, I it is very likely to crash when I choose "artistic", that has been pretty consistent.

I am having the same experience. It is hard to evaluate the program when it crashes so often. I am also on a Mac and pressing the "artistic" category is almost a guarantee that the app will crash but it has also crashed numerous other times at seemingly random places.

Postby maveez » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:03 pm

I am using version 10.6.6

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:56 am

We've never released a version 10.6.6! The latest release on the website is 0.7.16, which had a lot of bug fixes compared to the previous version we released. However, we are continuing to work on improving the stability (the problems are mostly down to how it handles low memory conditions, which is why when crashes occur, they could happen at any time), and hope to have another release out in the next few weeks, which is significantly more stable.

Tony

Postby maveez » Mon May 02, 2011 3:23 am

Sorry, that was my Mac version. I am using vo 7.16

Postby TIS1979 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:35 pm

We have a stable operating system. SPE has begun crashing after almost every save, and on occasion, on every gallery view. We just purchased the latest version of SPE software a couple of months ago. We love the potential for SPE, but we may need to abandon SPE if the crashes continue at the present rate. Please advise.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:36 am

Could you open a support ticket (you will need to create a support login) here and our support staff will try and figure out what is going wrong for you.

Tony

Return to Bugs