A Crashing and Saving Workaround

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.

A Crashing and Saving Workaround

Postby Phelon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi,
I know this problem of crashing and saving on the Mac, and I believe I found it also on the Windows version, may have been resolved for the next version, but I thought I would give a workflow that solved the saving on the Mac. Didn't try it on Windows.

Here goes. I sometimes have several "tags" in the upper right in my workflow, so to be "safe" in the event I should want to repeat or "come back to a tag in my workflow", I "save as" a SESSION. I continue working and save again a session (by replacing the old session) as I continue to do more enhancing. When I get ready to SAVE the project, say as a tiff, it sometimes will crash, and I use "normally" the automatic recover to come back to or reopen my project (that works very nice), but when I continue to try to save, it repeats crashing. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

So here's here's what I discovered as a work-a-round fix. Instead of saying yes to recover the project, I say NO, and reopen SPE without a project. Then I select in SPE file Session I was last using (quickest way is seeing and selecting it in the file column on the left screen of last saved files). After opening the saved Session, THEN do a SAVE, and it works without crashing this time. Whew!

So that was it. A lot of words to do something simply, but I wanted to be explicit to help make it simple. :D

Hope this helps everyone until a corrected version comes out.

Phelon

Return to Bugs