Stopped Working

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.
Site Admin

Re: Stopped Working

Postby admin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:23 am

Hi DBenterprises and Borbarad,

Could you both make sure you're using the very latest version of the 64 bit software (1.19.29), as that fixes a number of crashes. If you still experience crashes, could you open a support ticket, so our support staff can look into the crash in more detail?

FYI: All selection are saved in a session file. In order to re-use an existing selection, just hover over the effects gallery and choose a selection from the list. (You'll need to have Descriptions for tools on right turned on in the settings).

Thanks

Tony

Postby DBenterprises » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Have the latest version. Will send info when it happens again.

Postby cezed » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:00 pm

I have a similar problem when trying to save a file, System hangs Screen goes misty then error message "Prog stopped working etc etc". I either have to use Task manager or reboot
the PC to get it up and running again. Running Win 7 and System is well within requirements specified. When restarting the SPE (Current V1.20.6 / 2 Raw-V1.6) it will option you to start on the autsaved file. but that is useless as the same thing happens. Need to start from scratch. This mainly happens when a substantial amount of editing has occurred, small edits generally no problem. Current work around is to save frequenrly as a JPG file and load it each time to contune.
Have logged a support call (TICKET No. 167656) and was requested to reinstall the program. Did that as per your instructions received, to no avail.
Like the program but dissapointed with its stability

Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:25 am

Hi cezed,

Have you tried the 64bit version? That works much better if you are doing complex edits.

Tony

Postby cezed » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:58 am

Tony, I thought I had the 64bit version, at least that's what it tells me
Here is an Extract.

Application: Smart Photo Editor (64-bit)
Edition: Standard
Product code: PE-F-en-v1.20.6 / ZRaw-v1.6
Fingerprint: V1K6LUUH35FHC2QDV34LJ4BA
Platform: Windows
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium |............

Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:47 am

Ok, it looks like you are using the 64bit version. In which case, could you save a session that you're having problems with as a session file (File > Save As Session) and send it to support, they can try saving it to see if they can reproduce the problem.

Tony

Postby cezed » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:11 pm

Thanks, I had to recreate the problem and I now get an additional message re Bit Source. But file will save as a Session and/or JPG format
to a certain point then will also hang after a reasonable amount of editing has been done.

Have attached the PE file (zipped) and also 2 screen dumps.
Error 1 started a couple a day or so ago, so that issue is relatively new
Error 2 Has been since the install and re-install of the software.

Thanks

Chris
Attachments
Molen Stier3_pe.zip
One of the problem file I have recreated
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 359 times
errors.jpg
Screen dumps
errors.jpg (106.68 KiB) Viewed 6801 times

Postby cezed » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:06 am

errors.jpg
Errors
errors.jpg (106.68 KiB) Viewed 6801 times
Molen Stier3_pe.zip
PE file
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 310 times
Looks like problem with file down load I'll try again

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:43 am

Hi,

I downloaded your .pe file and saved the result without any problems. I've attached it here. What format was the original file? SPE has only stored an 8bit version in the .pe file. If you want me to try with the original, then can you send that too?

I've noticed that you are using a lot of effects and edits. One thing you could try to narrow down the problem is saving out a result after you've done a few changes, then continue working from that save. Then perhaps we can find out if there's a particular effect that's causing the problem.

Tony
Attachments
Molen Stier3_pe_pe.jpg
Molen Stier3_pe_pe.jpg (338.18 KiB) Viewed 6798 times

Postby cezed » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:47 am

Thanks for your prompt responses much appreciated.
The originals are old black and white photos copied from facebook, a special group I belong to, and is
by default pasted (saved) as a JPG file to my PC.
I proceed to edit / enhance and colorize and then place it back on FB for the members of that special group also I keep them as part of a screen saver.

While in the process of working on the file I save it regularly as a session to avoid loss of the work. But to save it as a final JPG file
with many edits approx 20+ this problem occurs of my system hanging and having to kill the process or reboot.
which is a little frustrating. If that occurs my workaround is, once I can restart SPE, it will come up with a option to open the Autosave file
and will bring up the PE file but again refuses to let me save it as JPG as the same hanging problem occurs. I would then
take a snap shot (using the windows snipping tool) save that as a JPG and reintroduce that file so I can continue working on it if need be.
This is the 4th file it has happen to in the past weeks, unfortunately the others [PE files] have been permanently deleted, this PE file I restored from the recycle bin.

A handfull of Edits/ Color changes that I have done on some other pics saves as a JPG file without any problems .

You did mention that this file has a LOT of edits , yes it does, it was done intentionally to make my system hang/crash and send you a file to test.

As for the 8 bit Versus 16 Bit I have no idea as this message has only come up on this particular file ???

Regards
Chris

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs