Stopped Working

Any crashes, places where the software didn't work as you expected, please let us know here.
Site Admin

Re: Stopped Working

Postby admin » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:26 am

Hi ShareefJaffar,

Can you also open a support ticket. Our team will be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Tony

Postby peterwippel » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:08 pm

blangton wrote:I have found that the program stops working quite often, which is very annoying. I am running this program on a 64bit windows 7 PC with 12gb ram

Same here, the program is beautiful en super, but not at all stable. After some photo tweaks and adjusting, program crash. Its like a buffer problem? the buffer space is much to small to hold pic-info and rendering. Guys, try to fix that problem en give Smart Photo Editor more power and memory to work. if possible.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:03 am

Hi peterwippel,

Could you also open a support ticket? From the few people that contacted our support team, we have managed to reproduce some bugs and should have a new build out soon. The more info we can get about bugs the more we can fix them.

Tony

Postby Ausled » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:01 am

I get tired of installing and reinstalling, then the token won't work, surely these problems can be fixed permanently ?

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:25 am

Hi Ausled,

You shouldn't need to re-install the software. Some people have reported problems where their effects gallery always crashes when they go into it, which can be solved by deleting the following directories:

/Users/YOUR USER NAME/Documents/PhotoEditor/global
/Users/YOUR USER NAME/Documents/PhotoEditor/images

Some others have also found that will large pictures and complex effects it becomes unstable and for now as a workaround you can save your picture as a jpeg or tiff, then load it back in again and continue.

We're working on fixing these problems, but as they only seem to affect a small number of people, it's proving tricky to track down.

If it's another bug could you open a support ticket?

Thanks for your patience.

Tony

Postby fsalva » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:03 am

I am also having this program freeze up a lot. When I try to save changes, a rendering box will come up and freeze at 3%. I then have to close the program and lose my work. I just downloaded the newest version and still having the same problem. I am running windows 7, 64 bit with 8GB memory. I have already opened a support ticket.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:26 am

Hi fsalva,

Have you tried the 64 bit version of Smart Photo Editor?

Tony

Postby Mozzy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:02 pm

In complete contrast to others I am running the latest 64 bit on my iMac and during the evening on my rather useless HP dm 1 netbook. On the iMac I can be running up to say twenty different effects and it behaves beautifully. I've found though (common sense prevails) that once the effects and adjustments have been made and saved as in file/save as; I delete from my working page what I have saved if I want to continue. I've yet to get a crash or collapse on the iMac.

With the HP netbook with very limited RAM I have no issues. Again running other stuff along with SPE it behaves superbly but MUCH slower. That is the fault of me with a netbook using PSE and SPE on same :(

For others that have faced difficulties, I can only 100% praise Tony and his stalwart group of support staff; YES, I personally had problems when I started with SPE. Opening support tickets and giving Anthropics the chance to work for us end users is the ONLY way it can progress ... I think anyway.:)

Mozzy

Postby Borbarad » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:19 pm

I am using Windows 7 - 64 Bit on two PCs and even with 16 GB Ram, an Intel 4670K and a GeForce 5600 Ti 448 the program always crashes at some point, when I am trying to define an area in a picture with a big size (3000x1000 and bigger). This doesn't occur with smaller Images, but it prevents working with bigger pictures completly. The prgram even crashes when I am doing nothing right now, not only when I actively use the area selector brush. As the crashes occur always after having around half of the area I want defined I am pretty sure you have a memory leak in the 64 Bit Version. It is really annoying that a partially defined area isn't saved, when I save as a project, so all the work is always lost completly.

The OS on the newer PC is frehsly installed a month ago and I don't have any problems with crashes or freezes in any other application or game from Crysis 3 to Adobe Photoshop 64-Bit.

I can open a ticket, but I don't think this is an individual problem as it happens on more than one of my PCs and only with Smart Photo Editor.

Postby DBenterprises » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Same here. Crashes often when using RAW files. W7pro 64bit, 24 gbRAM, i7 3rd gen and AMD Radeon 7880. No other programs have this problem. Lightroom, photoshop, Pinnacle Studio 17 Ultimate. Thinking I might want my money back which is too bad because I do like the program when it works.

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs